• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG

cigarsarge

BOHICA
I have smoked several VSGs lately. For some reason they have seemed a little flat. The taste was good but it seemed something was missing. Has anyone else noticed this or was it just me? All were stored in good condidions either from my humidor or my tobacco store.

Never had one...I have noticed though the AF Sun Grown has varied I purchased a fiver of them from the same store. Each seemed to be different, few were very spicy to the lips.

Paul

cigarsarge said:
I have smoked several VSGs lately. For some reason they have seemed a little flat. The taste was good but it seemed something was missing. Has anyone else noticed this or was it just me? All were stored in good condidions either from my humidor or my tobacco store.
I recently had a VSG Robusto that was a couple years old and it was a wonderful smoke. It had complex flavors, slightly creamy and spicy throughout: not at all harsh or bitter.

I bought a smaller VSG from a local shop (tres mystique) and I found it lacking the creamyness... it was a spicy, and slightly harsh, not worth the $8 something I paid for it.

Bruce

A year or two makes a huge difference on these babies. I still love 'em but don't smoke them younger then a year anymore. Don't give up on the Tres Mystiques Bruce. With a couple years on them they are very smooth with those wonderful peppery sweet flavors.

I love Ashton VSG's so much. Straight out of the box after the cellophane has been taken off. Or nicely, nicely aged. They are fantastic either way and I always keep them on hand. If not in hand. :D :sign:

lucasbuck said:
A year or two makes a huge difference on these babies. I still love 'em but don't smoke them younger then a year anymore. Don't give up on the Tres Mystiques Bruce. With a couple years on them they are very smooth with those wonderful peppery sweet flavors.
I think I have been spoiled some. The VSG Robusto I had was over 2 years old (maybe older) and was just outstanding. I have also been smoking RASCC's from sept of 02, and I love those. So when the Tres Mystiques (at 8 bucks plus) didnt match up I was disapointed, esp since I can get 2 RASCC's for about the same price as the 1 VSG Tres.

Now if I can find some VSG Tres's that have some age.... :D

Bruce

I had an Ashton VSG Enchantment on Wednesday night and LOVED it. It was my first one but it was an excellent smoke. Since I wasn't near a PC at the time I won't be posting a review of one until I can do it shortly after smoking it.

The cigar was easily in my top 10 and maybe in my top 5 favorites though. I bought it about 2 weeks ago and it sat in my humidor for a couple of days before I packed it on my vacation. If it was a bit "off" I can't imagine how great an "on" one would be.

Matt

Back