• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aston VSG Sorcerer

Kryo

Pyro first, smoke second
Picked up 2 VSG Sorcerer's at the store 2 weeks ago and had them sitting in the humidor to relax and calm down before smoking from being right in front of the stores walk-in humidor entrance.

Wrapper had a minor ding or two, but nothing that would make it unravel.

Lit one up last night and it was SPICY! Were talking a taco drenched in hot sauce spicy. Was almost too much to take. About a 1/2 inch down and it switched from the super spicy to a mellowed out vanilla/creamy taste. After awhile it started picking up some nutty and wood undertones all the while that spicy kick was lurking in the background making you remember how the smoke started. Ash held on for a good 2 inches before dropping.

Burn was fairly even, just had to keep rotating it to keep burning even.

Last half of the cigar had the spicy kick start to come back while the vanilla disappeared. Got down to the band and it started kicking out some tar or acid bite so I let it go out.

The second one I am going to let sit for a few months. Given some time to age and mellow all those flavors and it will be a good afternoon smoke.

This was my 2nd VSG and it came off better than the Robusto I had a little over a month ago.

One of my favorite domestics, and in my favorite size no less :thumbs:

The VSG is an outstanding cigar imho. I love'em.....

Good smoke review. I'll have to try them out.

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

Nice cigars but pricey. The Sorceror is my favorite size of the Ashton VSG's

I like the Robustos best but the Belis and Torps are also favorites. Haven't had a Sorceror or Spellbound yet. I've been wanting to try one of the Tres Mystiques as I've heard they're little flavor bombs.

The one (and so far only) VSG Sorcerer I've had was a dud. Major burn problems, and very bitter. I think it was too fresh (smoked it right out of the dealer's humi)

I hope my next one is beter, because some other VSGs I've had rocked.