• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Atlanta GA, recommendations

Goalee1

So with the Giants winning the division, I'm heading to Atlanta to catch the game(s). Any recommendations on hotels that are close enough to Turner Field that are decent? Any shops I should check out when I'm down there? TIA G1

I've only stayed up north near Sandy Springs and Roswell. You can take the train and a bus if you feel comfortable staying up there, or drive. Midtown has some good eateries.

Little diversion, I think I'm going to stay at the in laws in Auburn Al, only about an hour drive to turner field. G1

Yeah, I got the tickets actually for my FIL's birthday. thought the drive was longer but he does it almost daily so I'll be between Auburn and Atlanta. I wish they would decide game time so I can buy my plane tix!! G1

When your dirve from Auburn to ATL, be wary of speed traps, especially in Talberton, Ga.

Swing by Al's store over in NE ATL. Well worth the visit.

Also, be cautious where you park around Turnre Field. The area around Tuner is not the best of neighborhoods. It best to park in "official" lots rather than the gypsy lots that arise around gametime.

And GO BRAVES !!!

Cparker