• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Atoll Robusto Lighter

SPIVY

THE STIG
Hey,
I am looking for a new lighter and this one looks interesting. Anyone have experience with it?

Ed

SHAT-LR-lh.jpg

I own one, and use it pretty much every time I smoke. It makes a nice wide flame that works really well for lighting cigars. I probably got the last brown ostrich skin lighter that they made, my B&M called it in for me since they had stopped making them regularly.

Its a really nice looking retro lighter and the leathers they use on them is nice as well. A couple things to watch for if you buy one: The screw that the cover pivots on will back out. My suggestion would be to unscrew it a bit and put some locktite on the back side of it and it will never be a problem, the only other thing is that you need to keep it clean, specifically the jets and as always use good butane.

Oh, and when you close it, try not to let the cover slam down or the valve might start to stick after a while.

I don't know what the official warranty is, but if the retailer you bought it from will send it in for you, word is that Cyril will fix it.

Have never heard of that one Ed, but it looks almost identical to the IM Corona Old Boy and I know that one has had many great reviews. Not sure if you can get the Old Boy with that skin though. Good luck.