• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Auchentoshan Three Wood

PaulMac

Welcome again intrepid travelers to the next in my new series of Scotch reviews, AVB said I better hurry up with this one, because I told him how great this scotch was...certainly one of the best I ever had, so without further blathering I give you...

Auchentoshan Three Wood, 43% ABV, 750 ml, $35-40 neighborhood
Auchentoshan is a lowland distillery, and perhaps the only one left in Scotland that still triple distills instead of double.

Image009.jpg

The name Three Wood comes from the fact that this whisky is aged for at least 10 years in Bourbon Wood, at least a year in Oloroso, and finally six months in Pedro Ximenez.

The color is a deep rich orange-brown, very deeply caramel. The nose is where the fun begins, WOW! Very soft, with Orange zest, nuts and just a nice sweetness to it. My drinkin companion said he would be satisfied to just sniff the nose all night, but I knew he was lying :p Medium bodied, the palate bombards you with a plethora of flavors, nuttiness abounds, and oakiness, and just several delicate fleeting flavors, all combining to make a whisky of incredible flavor, my friend said it was like drinking a warm, fuzzy, nutty blanket, that just wraps around your tongue and caresses it. Finish is nice and long, but smooth, with hints of raisin and more oak.

I tried to do this Scotch justice, but I really can't...I know my palate can't pick up all the flavors let alone try to put them into words...but lets just say, this scotch was incredible, and at the price, I expect this will be in my cabinet quite often.

Until next time,

Slainte!

PaulMac

Sounds like something I should look into when it's time to buy another Auchentoshan. :thumbs:

Kudos Mac, on another great review. It sounds as if it was outstanding.