• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Augusto Reyes Nativo

SewerRanger

Reaction score
Ring Gauge: 54
Length: 6.2"
Filler: Dominican blend (Piloto Cubano, Criollo, and Olor)
Binder: Couldn't find anything about this
Wrapper: '98 Criollo

The Augusto Reye Nativo is a pretty cigar. The wrapper had a distinct oily sheen to it as well as a golden brown hue. The first thing you’ll notice is the heavy scent coming off of this cigar. It has a smell like a wet jungle – woodsy, and musty, but with a clear sharp note in there. Thankfully it tastes as good as it smells. With the first light of this cigar a heavy clingy smoke poured off the tip and hangs around until you’re done. I suggest you smoke this baby outdoors otherwise you may die of smoke inhalation. The initial flavors are strongly of silky leather with hints of a bitter sweet aftertaste (it almost reminded me of orange peel). Eventually the bitter aftertaste burned away and never made a comeback, making me think that perhaps something had contaminated the end of my cigar. Regardless, I kept smoking and enjoying this cigar. The silk-like leathery flavors gave way to a musty earthy flavor with hints of sweet tobacco that finished off every puff. I did notice that as the ash grew longer, a peppery flavor would develop and then taper off when the ash broke. I think if the cigar was packed a bit tighter so that the ash would grow longer (it only grew about 1 – 1 1/2” before falling off on its own) it would generate a nice pepper taste to compliment the earthy flavors. Having said that, I still feel this is a pretty good cigar. It’s not overly complex and sits firmly in the medium bodied range, but sometimes that’s all I’m looking for in a cigar.