• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Authentic Pirozhki Recipe?

chadth

Anyone happen to have an authentic Pirozhki recipe, specifically for the dough? The following is what I have pulled from the internet but have no way of knowing if it is even close to right:

1 envelope active dry yeast, dissolved in 1/4 cup
lukewarm water
4 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
pinch of salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk, warmed
1/4 cup soft butter

This recipe is brushed with an egg wash.

Would love any insight, pointers, or stories if you have them.

Thanks,
-Chad

God I hope you find one cuz if you do I would try it out, these things are awesome!

There are quite a few Polish people around here at work. I asked one of the women I work with and she wants to know what you want to put in it. The outside is all the same, but the innards vary. She can likely get something from her mom or will know how to do it herself. Below is the latest e-mail she sent:

But filled with what? We have several different kinds.
Eg. with potatoes and cheese (we call them Russian pierogi)
With meat
With sauerkraft and mushrooms
With different fruits
With sweet cheese etc.
Which one would you like? :)

Anyone happen to have an authentic Pirozhki recipe, specifically for the dough? The following is what I have pulled from the internet but have no way of knowing if it is even close to right:

1 envelope active dry yeast, dissolved in 1/4 cup
lukewarm water
4 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
pinch of salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk, warmed
1/4 cup soft butter

This recipe is brushed with an egg wash.

Would love any insight, pointers, or stories if you have them.

Thanks,
-Chad

Chad,
I'll see if I can get my hands on my Baba's recipe, dough and all.
The different fillings she's made that I can remember are the basic, potato and cheese, sauerkraut, raisins, and cottage cheese with dill (always a treat!).

Keith