• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AutoCAD

Shooter

Living life on the heavies.
Sheesh ths program is nuts. We have a cad file of a building and all I want is to be able to see how many booth spaces we can fit in it.

I just want to be able to insert 8x10,8x15,8x20 rectangles in it to get a guage on spaces. UGH how can that be so hard.

You should try TurboCAD 2D if thats all you want to do...

Why not offset lines 8' in one direction and copy them over all the way to the end, and 10' in the other. You figure the other sizes using these as a guide

Sheesh ths program is nuts. We have a cad file of a building and all I want is to be able to see how many booth spaces we can fit in it.

I just want to be able to insert 8x10,8x15,8x20 rectangles in it to get a guage on spaces. UGH how can that be so hard.

Have you figured this out yet? I manage a CADD Dept.

Have you figured this out yet? I manage a CADD Dept.

Just like any other manager...that doesn't mean they know how to use the product! :laugh:

YUP.... just draw the lines the length and space em apart the way I want then copy and paste em. works great.

Thanks a bunch.

YUP.... just draw the lines the length and space em apart the way I want then copy and paste em. works great.

Thanks a bunch.

You could also use the ARRAY function if you wanted to repeatedly offset an object/line. It's been a while since I used that feature, but it can come in real handy!

Draw a vertical line.

Offset that line 8'

Draw a horizontal line connecting on end point of the two vertical lines (use the Endpoint Osnap by right clicking)

Offset the horizontal line 10'

Extend the two vertical lines to new offset horizontal line

Pedit, Y (for yes), J (for join) and select all four lines

Create a block for the rectangle (this will be saved as a separate .dwg)

Repeat for the remaining two rectangles.

Now, you can insert the block as needed.

I hope this helps

Mark