• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AVB I had the best whiskey I've ever...

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
tasted this weekend.

Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon "Straight from the barrel". 46.2 % (I think thats the number I read)

WOW :thumbs:

My Father-in-law loves me after all, but he only let me have one glass. :p

Would you care to fill me in on this fine bourbon?

Ahhh, Blanton's. One of the most buttery smooth bourbons on the market. Not a huge body, but an abundance of taste. Excellent nose, but once again not huge. Plenty of buttery sweetness with just a touch of caramel on the palate. Made in the Buffalo Trace distillery, I believe (correct me if I am wrong, AVB).

Very nice bourbon, indeed. :thumbs:

There are 5 different Blanton's available with Straight From The Barrel being one of them. Chances are that the proof was in the 60's instead of the 40's. I've never seen a SFTB proofed in the 40's ever. Doesn't mean it wasn't, it would just be unusual. Since the flavor changes with each barrel run some are better then others but all are pretty good bourbons. I've only had it twice and that was overseas both times. I don't think it is sold in the US but runs about $75 on up in Europe. Excellent find or gift or whatever!

It wasn't 46.2 it was 56.2 (I called and asked) :blush:

But even as strong as it was, the alcohol didn't overpower the taste. I was stunned by how good this whiskey tastes.

Makes me look forward to christmas at my In-Laws :thumbs:

And he did receive it as a gift...

I can give you a handful of places to buy it in Germany if you want one of your own.

AVB said:
I can give you a handful of places to buy it in Germany if you want one of your own.
[snapback]238981[/snapback]​

Please do!

The prices are about what I expected. Thanks for the links, I am going to order myself a bottle today.

My bottle arrived today :thumbs:

I ordered the special reserve instead... since they had it on sale :)

You'll have to get the SFTB later on. The Special Reserve isn't too different from the standard Blanton's. I'll be looking for a review sometime soon!

Wurm said:
My bottle arrived today :thumbs:

I ordered the special reserve instead... since they had it on sale :)
[snapback]246915[/snapback]​

I'll go over my Father-in-Law's and do a two bottle comparision :D

I went to that link of Blanton's and guess what, I've had that bottle. i'm real sure it was the 49% one. I remember the horse on the top. I bought it cuz I thought the bottle rocked and I wanted to try Bourbon. Well, at the time I couldnt stand it whatsoever. I ended up straight shooting it fast. Unfortunately, I couldnt tell you if I could appreciate it now since I haven't had it for a long time now. Unless another Bourbon bottle has the Horse on top with that dripping like wax on the top and that same shape of the bottle.

Well I drank a dram of the bottle I received today and while not as good as the bottle my father-in-law has (which of course it shouldn't be) It is excellent bourbon. And the color cataloge of whiskeys that was included with it now has my drool all over it. :p

I am also kicking myself in the ass because when I looked up the Blanton's page she has the gold and the SFTB on sale for only 12 dollars more than what I paid for the Special Reserve. When this bottle is empty (and I doubt it will take too long lol) SFTB or gold is up next.

I've never been a huge fan of any bourbon (hate both Jack and Jim in ALL forms), Blanton's and Maker's Mark look like they are going to convert me.

If you can get a bottle of Jack Daniels Gold Medal line, its really really good and I think most of the American Whiskey is crap.

Mr Peat said:
If you can get a bottle of Jack Daniels Gold Medal line, its really really good and I think most of the American Whiskey is crap.
[snapback]248424[/snapback]​

Yeah Double D and I saw that listed in the cataloge, but its over 3 times more expensive than the Blanton's SFTB.

I don't like Jack enough to even think about spending that much money on it even if its top of the line. I'd rather try something else like Maker's Mark Black Wax.

All Blanton's is packaged that way, the horse is on everyone.

Mr Peat said:
Unless another Bourbon bottle has the Horse on top with that dripping like wax on the top and that same shape of the bottle.
[snapback]248342[/snapback]​

AVB said:
All Blanton's is packaged that way, the horse is on everyone.

Mr Peat said:
Unless another Bourbon bottle has the Horse on top with that dripping like wax on the top and that same shape of the bottle.
[snapback]248342[/snapback]​
[snapback]248471[/snapback]​

I figured it was only unique to them. The bottle cost me about $60 to 70 at a Class 6 store at Ft Hood when I got it a few years ago.