• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AVB: Question for you?

botl43

Question for you: The discriptor listed on the Bevmo site. <===Linky.. Says this is aged in new oak cask for four months.. What would this little amount of time do to the flavor? There must be a relivance or they wouldnt do it? Little pricey but for a limited addition.. Hmm

I'm in love with the Double Wood. So much so I've stocked in a few bottles.. Hard for me to start switching around, when I've found something I like so well.. :whistling:

Thanks for the reply..

Your link doesn't work any longer but you are referring to the Balvenie New Wood which is no longer made since it didn't sell that well because it really wasn't up to the standard of other Balvenies. It has been replaced by the New Oak version which while still limited isn't that rare with 14,000 bottles released.

A few months is all it takes to slightly change the flavor. DoubleWood is only in sherry casks for a few months and the old Islay Cask was also 4 months. Try the new SherryWood 17 yo if you want a new Balvenie.

Question for you: The discriptor listed on the Bevmo site. <===Linky.. Says this is aged in new oak cask for four months.. What would this little amount of time do to the flavor? There must be a relivance or they wouldnt do it? Little pricey but for a limited addition.. Hmm

I'm in love with the Double Wood. So much so I've stocked in a few bottles.. Hard for me to start switching around, when I've found something I like so well.. :whistling:

Thanks for the reply..

Yeah I was not impressed with the New Oak. It's basically the Doublewood with a bit more age on it.

I have a bottle of the Sherry Oak sitting in my collection unopened that I have been meaning to try. I've been waiting for a special occasion to open it up. It looks MUCH darker than any balvenie i've ever seen and I hope it's like a Macallan with the Balvenie honey sweetness.

as a person who greatly admires the aberlour 15/16, and drinks balvenie 15 as the 'go to' ...

i'd LOVE for you to open that bottle of the sherry wood balvenie, and give us a peek at your tongue, after.. ;)

i've been debating the purchase for two days and it'd be nice if you could help with the excuse, is all..

I had planned on bringing it to a scotch tasting with a bunch of friends next month. I'll report back after the party...probably a day or 2 after. lol

Back