• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Avo 22

waliguy

Received the beautiful perfecto in a trade and am not familiar with it. I just don't smoke many Avos.

I understand it's limited release? How is it...anyone?

It's a really nice smooth cigar. They don't make 'em anymore...

Avo 22 Limited Edition Cigar from Avo Uvezian

Almost seven years in the making, the new Avo 22 from Avo Uvezian is unlike anything seen to date from Davidoff of Geneva. Packaged in a unique cedar cylinder, complete with factory tags, the cigars come in an unbanded bundle of 19 sticks per package.

It is a limited edition cigar, and only a small number of boxes have been produced. Each box's factory tag is numbered. The suggested retail price per box is $222.

Avo 22 is a 5 7/8 perfecto-shaped cigar with a 50 ring gauge. The filler is a combination of four different tobaccos from a variety of the best growing regions in the Dominican Republic. The binder is also Dominican and, to finish it off, Avo chose a Connecticut seed Ecuadorian wrapper. The blend is described by Davidoff as a "rare and wonderful treat for the cigar smoker who has come to love the balanced taste and aroma of Avo cigars."

Avo and Dominican cigar maker Henky Kelner originally created these cigars as a private stock for themselves and a few close friends. Thrilled with the results, they decided to share them with Avo's true aficionados.

Avo personally directed every phase in the creation of 22, from the seeds and plants to the packaging and name - selected because 22 is a very significant number for Avo. His birthday is on the 22nd, his sister's birthday is on the 22nd, he left the Middle East as a young man on a 22nd, and he arrived to begin his new life in the U.S. on a 22nd.

Davidoff of Geneva (CT) Inc., 550 West Avenue, Stamford, CT 06902, Tel: (203) 323-5811, Fax: (203) 975-0090, Web

Thanks Moki.

Now, who has smoked this "rare and wonderful treat for the cigar smoker who has come to love the balanced taste and aroma of Avo cigars."?

waliguy said:
Thanks Moki.

Now, who has smoked this "rare and wonderful treat for the cigar smoker who has come to love the balanced taste and aroma of Avo cigars."?
i have...i would call it a fairly spicy cigar. medium to full bodied. the aroma lit is really wonderful, very floral (if that is possible :D )

the blend is said to be the same as the avo 77s, but i think it tastes a bit spicier while the 77s seem creamier.

barney

ps i know someone who still has boxes (wheels) but they want 300 for a wheel with 19 cigars.

One of the best mild cigars I've had. Very creamy and smooth with decent complexity. Also one of the most perfectly constructed cigars I've ever seen. Thumbs up :D