• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Awesome picture

Ultima83

As there are a bunch of ex-military types and active service peeps as well on this board, I wanted to share this picture with everyone. This is the US Navy at it's finest, with a tad bit of the Air Force in there to play as well. This is a true show of force and one of the main reasons why we are a force to be reckoned with. Enjoy!

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/pho...N-8591H-178.jpg

Me thinks you copied and pasted the wrong link...

Lol, I'm still trying to figure out how to post links. : \ I guess I'll just post the URL until I figure it out. Here it is guys.

Edited to take the link out...

Nice B-52! What Navy stuff are you talking :whistling:

Thanks for sharing.

I found this picture today and I instantly fell in love with it. I wish my ship was participating in an exercise this large. It would be awesome!

You noticed the link he got this from was the US Air Force site!

Here is the linky.

Linky

Damn squids if you're on land you don't know how to operate things :laugh:

edited for typo

nice....3 carrier battlegroups and the air jockeys...nice sight.
Rob

now you see what we really do with your taxes....just float/fly around aimlessly

Upon more careful inspection...the group to the left of the B52 are F18's (Navy/Marines), to the right are F15's (USAF) and the rest are F16's (USAF), really nice display of a Joint Task Force, wonder where this pic was shot.
Rob

Here is the info from the AF web site:

Exercise Valiant Shield wraps up

A B-52 Stratofortress leads a formation of Air Force and Navy F-16 Fighting Falcons, F-15 Eagles, and F-18 Hornetst over the USS Kitty Hawk, USS Nimitz and USS John C. Stennis Strike Groups during Exercise Valiant Shield exercise Aug.14 in the Pacific. The forces participated in Valiant Shield, the largest joint exercise in the Pacific this year. Held in the Guam operating area, the exercise includes 30 ships, more than 280 aircraft and more than 20,000 servicemembers from the Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. (U.S. Navy photo/Petty Officer 2nd Class Jarod Hodge)

Thanks Anthony, much appreciated.