• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

B-Hop Becomes Oldest Champ

NASTY

Cold Fire
Congrats to Bernard Hopkins on becoming the oldest champion at 46 years old. He put a beating on Jean Pascal (again) but this time there were neutral judges judging the fight. I honestly thought he was going to get screwed again. He took him to school again and took his title. Congrats again, B-Hop

I was impressed by his performance last night. Never been a real fan of his style (crafty, but dirty as heck). It always angered me seeing him punch guys in the hip or quad in clinches when the ref was on the opposite side.

Shockingly, Pascal was the one doing all the fouling. Was there a single clinch that didn't have Pascal rabbit punching? I don't think the ref ever warned him either. Dude kept using his head and elbows, too. Also, the two knockdowns that weren't called was shady. Glad to see Bernard make history, though. I had him winning it 8-4. Best part was the pushups to start one of the middle rounds! Must've been demoralizing for Pascal to witness.

I have always enjoyed the post fight chirping claiming Bernard is dirty, he's boring, etc. but today is different. He wasn't dirty, Pascal was all rabit punches and leading with the head. Bernard was agressive and showed that old dogs can indeed learn new tricks because now, at the age of 46, he shows a slick defense with a balanced ,consistant offensive attack for which, Pascal had no answer. My glass is raised to you, Bernard,for giving all fight fans another fight to remember.