• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

B&M Frequent buyer program

Lee_Ro_Mo

Hey CP'ers

We have a shop in Texas are throwing around the idea of a frequent shopper program. The powers that be are at odds as to the best program to use for both our benefit and that of the customer. I've recently been informed of the Cigar Box's in Penn.'s program. Has anyone used it? How do you like it. As for the punch card system, how effective is that? I think the concern of the card system is that many guys in particular won't carry another card. I'd love to hear from both customer and retailers that have some experience with this. I appreciate it guys!

Use a point system which doesn't require a card the customer carries. Make sure your POS system can keep track of it with pinpoint accuracy, or you will have disgruntled customers.

We used to use punch cards, but our customers loved it when we switched to a point system that we kept track of for them.

I worked for a medical spa at the time, not a cigar shop, FWIW.

My local B&M issues cards with a barcode like they do at the supermarket. Each customer gets a card and a keychain card when they sign up. At the POS everytime you make a purchase they just scan it and the system keeps a record of all your purchases. What you bought, when you bought it and at what price. I think that type of system would easily work. And for guys that won't carry a card, well, I'm sure they carry their keys around, so it shouldnt' be a problem. In those instances where you don't have either, they track you by phone number.

The Outlaw Cigar Store in Kansas City, Mo has a Rewards Program. I think they use your telephone number which opens up a file to your purchases. You may want to check them out and see how they do it. only other place I remember doing this was Holts and they axed it. Holts doesn't carry what I like so its a mute point now. I did take my business else where when they killed the point system.