• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bacardi 8 Yr. Reserve

Tony Bones

Grundalier
Reaction score
The inlaws just returned from a trip to Puerto Rico, where they visited the Bacardi estate. They were kind enough to pick us up a bottle of the 8 yr. reserve. Wow! Phenomenal.

I am no rum drinker and scoff at the idea of pouring well swill with Coke down my throat. A true woman's drink if there ever was one :) This stuff though...it's an entirely different story. Smooth, not sickly sweet, and strong. Just goes too well w/ a nice 1926 Maduro.

If you have the opprotunity grab a bottle of the 8 yr. In fact, the parent-inlaws said that there is also an older vintage. 20 yr., I think. It was $55 a bottle at the estate, but Bacardi doesn't sell it anywhere other than there. I may have to place a phone call...

If you find out more about the old Bacardi I may be interested. I can't find a thing on any Bacardi over 8 years old and I'm a pretty good searcher when it comes to things you can drink :)

The bacardi '8' is a fine rum. Its ggod, smooth and it´s kinda sweet for a well stored rum. I have a bottle of this fine sipping rum. And also the cuban rum Matusalem 15 tears. It´s a big differens between the diffrent rum´s on the market. It´s a interesting drink. Al i know Bacardi has no "older" rum then the '8'.

I would reccomend that you contact the plantation directly (wish I could find the number). Maybe just give information a call.

I KNOW that the stuff exists, as the parent-in-laws sampled it. They were pretty specific in saying that it isn't sold anywhere other than the plantation. That doesn't mean that you can't buy it from the plantation over the phone though :)