• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Back from a short seista...for those who care.

LockOut

I PASSED MY IN CLASS FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok now that i got that out. As some of the guys here know I've been going through an 18+ month long paramedic program. It basically owns your soul for that period of time. My final was Wednesday night. I passed every section of the final. no retakes on anything. I got a score of an 89 with the rough curve on the multiple choice so hopefully my overall grade will be about a 92-93 for the final and about that overall for the class. Not bad for one of the top 3 medics programs in the country!

roughly 600 questions (425 mc, 30 math, 20 12leads, 20 rhythm strips, 75 anatomy) in a 4 hour limit. i was 2nd done with 15 minutes remaining. a lot of people didn't finish.

I was scarred ****less cuz if you failed a section you hada retake it, then if you failed again you have to sit through the 2 year program again.

Oral boards for the state exam 2 weeks, practical in 3. state written in a month now (thank god for on site scoring)

I have a new job pending with a local agency that as long as I get the card I'm hired plus a 3000.00 bonus.

Hopefully this will land me the dream job on a firetruck. 1 vs 12 applicants for a firefighter-paramedic job is a lot better than 1 vs 2000 applicants for your normal firefighter position. Still debating where in the country I'm going to head this fall or winter.

Soon as the weather clears a 99 ninfa is going to be going up in celebration! I'll be sure to post pics.

Congratulations LockOut, and good luck with your up coming exams. Study smart.

Congratulations and good luck! How will you be celebrating this evening?

dude! i was in rochester for my emt class at mcc.

congrats! my friend's in the paramagic class too and took his final. now the state exam awaits!

Congrats! I work alongside EMT's and Medics alot, you guys are truly lifesavers!

Congrats!! Good luck with the oral and written state stuff!! :)