• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Back From Canada

nicko99

~ Amateur Cigar Smoker ~
Wow, that seemed to fly right by. :( Well, we made it back from our vacation. It was a great trip.

We rented a 50 foot houseboat on Shuswap lake in B.C. The weather was great, 80's the whole time and not a drop of rain all week. There was some lingering smoke because of the wild fires in Kamloops though. But not enough to ruin our fun. :D

It looks like it's been busy here on the board. I have alot of reading to do.

Nick

Welcome back Bruddah Nicko! Glad to hear you had a great vacation! And... I don't think the lingering smoke was from the wildfires... I think it was from all the herfing you were doing! :thumbs: :D

Aloha,

Wade

Nick glad you had a great time. The weather in Whislter was beautiful as well. Sorry to see all the defastation the fire is causing up that way. I'll tell you one thing I discovered .......... Canadian cigar prices are threw the roof ???

Glad you made it back safelly welcome home!

BenjieV :D

Well, unfortunatley I didn't get any ISOM's while up there. :( And the list of cigars taken isn't very impressive either. Since I was with a couple non-smokers I took a few cheaper smokes to burn.

A few Don Diego Babies, a couple Baccarat Petit Coronas and a couple Montesino Diplimaticos. I didn't want to have to toss a really good cigar out because I was choking them out. :p

Hey benjiev, glad to hear that your weather was good too. Did you have any trouble at the border? We were held up on the way home for awhile. Came across in the middle of the night towing a boat and they wanted to check us out for some reason. :angry:

Sailed right through at the truck crossing in Lynden. Agent didn't even check our passports. Picked up some Kettle One, Crown, and Bushmills at the duty free shop great prices.

Him let me see midnight 3 guys hauling a boat across the border hmmmm nothing strange about that nope not strange at all. LMAO.

Actually, it was my wife and I in our vehicle. My sister and her family were in thier truck w/ a boat also. The border guard asked us a few questions then told us to move to the parking area. Same w/ my sister. As soon as we stopped the trucks, there were a half dozen border police on each truck. After doing a complete visual search, they gave us the option of unloading everything onto the ground and letting them do a phisical search of all items (suit cases, food boxes, ect.). Or we could let them drive the trucks and trailers through an X-ray type machine so they could examine a little closer. The guy said if we went for the physical search we could be there all night.... Duh?, drive it through. So, we unloaded the 3 sleeping kids and waited in the lobby for them to play w/ our vehicles. After about 30 minutes of them examining the X-ray video, they let us load up the kids and get on our way.

All in all, the border experience wasn't to bad. We were all just a little tired and didn't want to waste time setting there.

Other than that the vacation was great. :D

Welcome back Nicko! Glad to hear you guys had a good time. :thumbs:
Vacations are always way too short :( I've never been to Canada but my wife has in the Niagra Falls area and said it was beautiful.

Light a good one up and settle back in brother :D

Gator

Back