• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Back in the game, looking for suggestions

bchem

Hi All:

Been quite some time since I've been really active on this board. I've been lurking a lot more over the recent past and even did some purchases over PM with some folks that I've recognized from the "old days" of CP. I've moved a couple times since I was last active, and have lived in Massachusetts for the last 4 years. Loving the job and now have two little girls that just turned 4 and 7, and finally feel like we are home here.

Hadn't smoked many cigars for several years while the kids were really young (tough to enjoy a stick when chasing kids around constantly!) but had maintained my small collection in my humidor over the years. The good news is that most of the sticks I've been enjoying were a minimum of 5 years old! When I got back into making some purchases, I was pleased to see that some sticks that used to be hard to find (Anejo, 8-5-8 SG, WOAM, etc.) are easy to come by, and ended up getting a couple boxes since last summer.

Now that I'm technically all grown up and have a career, I realized the value in being able to invest in boxes rather than always being forced to buy singles of 5-packs on my grad school budget!

All that being said, I'm hoping to get some input from you all since I'm not nearly as well versed in all the different brands out there as I used to be. Here are some sticks that I've had recently that I really enjoy. Just started more seriously smoking some Cubans...I don't think i was able to truly enjoy some of the ones I had in the past, but have been really pleased with the purchases I've made recently. Looking to buy a couple of boxes for myself soon as a birthday treat and wondering if you all can give me some suggestions based on the things I already know I like. Here's what I've been pleased with recently.

Non-cubans:
Anejo #48
AF 8-5-8 SG
AF Hemmingway (natural and maduro)
All things Tatuaje
Illusione 888
Opus (still a bit hard for me to find online as the local B&M's charge way too much for them still!)
VSG's

Cubans:
Bolivar Belicosos Finos
Bolivar PC
Ramon Allones Small Club Corona (on my second box of these already!)
Partagas Serie D No. 4 (just got a handful of these and REALLY enjoy them)
Montecristo #2
Trinidad Reyes
SLR A

I'm looking to purchase a couple of boxes and would appreciate any suggestions based on the above for both Cuban and NC cigars. I'd be open to splitting a box or two as well if there is some interest (of course I would be happy to send my end first since I've been inactive for so long). Also wondering if you would think it'd be worth a premium for some of the vintage boxes I've seen available with some online vendors (in particular Partagas 898 or Lusi's from '08-'09, or Vegas Robania from '07)

Looking forward to seeing what you all think.

Thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome back to the board.

It looks like you enjoy smaller cigars so my suggestions are:
Juan Lopez No. 2
Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure No.2
Por Larranaga Petit Coronas
SLR Regios
Partagas Super Partagas

Last edited:
Thanks for the input! I do enjoy smaller cigars, but as the weather is getting nicer, I will probably start smoking larger ones as well. Looking for some insights on flavors based on my current likes as well. The PLPC's have been on my list of things to try for a while now. I hadn't thought of the others you mentioned, though, so will look more into them as well. Thanks again for the input!

Take a look at Keystone Raider's Padron sales when he has them. And given that you like the 888, Illusione's Rothchildes are an excellent smaller sized cigar. Again, Keystone can hook you up on box when he has his group guys.

If you like Illusione, try the Illusione Epernay, or Illusione Fume d'Amour. I'd also suggest trying Cabaiguan coronas extra, Cabaiguan Belicoso Fino.

VSG Tres Mystique
Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles
SCdLH El Principe

Just a few off the top of my head.