• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bacon and cabbage noodles

:love: 
You had me at bacon ! ! !  Checked the recipe out...never thought about cooking vegetables in bacon greases. Sounds brilliant! I will be giving this a try for sure. Thanks for sharing.

How was it ?

Hell yeah, cooking veggies in bacon grease is outstanding. Duck fat too. Hell, even Chicken fat amps up lotsa veggies, eggs, and other meats as well.

On this recipe, I'd try it with some mustard added as well.

I thought of mustard, I added minced garlic, red pepper flakes and dry parsley flakes. This came out delicious. Just like the crack in a bowl recipe, how much bacon is really up to you. The grease, or rendered,fat coats everything well.

Looks good!  Swap the egg noodles for mashed potatoes and this is colcannon... my absolute favorite traditional Irish dish.

MMMMMMMM, my three favorite food groups......Bacon, Garlic and Peppers!

I will give this one a try.

I must make this! My wife and I should own stock in garlic for as much as we eat it, and this recipe sounds delicious. My wife is prego right now and she would probably want noodles AND mashed potatoes!!

I'm digging it, now I am hungry for some!! All you need now is breading pork and a egg on top for some Vienna Schnitzel.

Very nice...thanks for sharing the recipe. I just so happen to have a head of cabbage and a length of kielbasa in the fridge. I may do a little improvising! 

One question, did you cover the pan after adding everything together to help wilt the cabbage?

Nope, I didn't drain the grease/rendering and I cooked the onions and cabbage in it, I sliced the cabbage in thin shreds. Stirring it while cooking helped cook it to soft.