• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bad day turned good

J Lew

taste like chicken
Going back to the police academy stinks. Been policing for 3 years already but have to go to San Antonio's to get on their force.
Anyway we got to the boxing part of training and I got stomped. Fought some kid that looks like Swartzenager and is about 10 years younger than me. Got flattened ??? Have a nice shiner on my eye to prove it. :0
Well I got home and had a nice little package of gars in the mail I wasnt expecting. Made my day good. :thumbs:
Thanks Devin

J, if it means anything to you, I had a situation where I was the young "hotshot".

Someone in my office was promoted to Area General Manager in Pennsylvania. I moved into his desk and received a "wake-up call" today from a senior co-worker. I'm not being arrogant, but I look sharper, dress better, and am quicker on my feet than she is. The truth is though, "my way doesn't work" as she told me. I may think I am good at what matters, but I'm not. I need to take the time and soak up the wisdom of my elders and maybe this young buck will do the same with you, J.

this guy did good, did to me what I tried to do to him. Thats training though ???
I like to soak up the knowledge of the FOG's too like PB, Horse, and Leebo to name a few LMAO

Sounds like you stood toe to toe and took your lumps. Lots of people wouldn’t have the courage to do that no matter what their age is. Character isn’t about winning all the time, it’s about doing what you have to do.

Words to remember:

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points
out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds
could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who
is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and
sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes
up short again and again, because there is no effort
without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great
enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a
worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the
triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he
fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his