• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Balkan Sobranie throwdown

I've only smoked one tin of Balkan Sobranie #759 and didn't find it to be anywhere near as good as the "legendary" status it has attained. Maybe it was better in the 1970's when it was fresh. It's too expensive and hard to find for me to really try it again.

Having said that, I have to say that I much preferred Blue Mountain to Black House, but both were very good. I haven't sought the 3rd blend from Altadis. I don't even know if it's available.

They weren't the same as Sobranie 759, but they were similar. They were also better to my palate, but the Sobranie 759 I had may have been past its prime.

Smoked a few bowls of Blue Mountain. Not a bad smoke at all. Not all that distinct though. I don't think it will displace any of the regulars in my line up.

It costs WAY too much money to buy at this point. I loved the yenidje blend and, if it was still available at reasonable prices, it would still be my "go-to" blend. I never tried any of the other Sobranie blends. But $500 a tin is a bit steep. :0

I just noticed the "new" Balkan Sobranie blend.

Anyone try it. It has a very similar label - the classic Sobranie Balkan scene.

Not yet. It's on my list for next month's order (if I can find it in stock at the time).

I haven't been hearing great things about the new stuff. Sounds like a run of the mill blend, but I haven't tried it for myself yet.

Also, I still haven't tried Black House yet, but after reading Neill Archer Roan's thoughts on the throwdown I'm anxious to give it a shot. Apparently as far as the judges were concerned it wasn't even close. Black House won hands down.

Back