• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ball jars

August_West

Hello fellow pipers! I was at Target today and saw they had 4 packs of Ball canning jars, but they are the regular classic size jars. One size is about half the size of the regular jars (1 pint). The other size are even smaller at 8 ounces. Does anyone use these smaller jars? The 8 ounce jars seem like a nice size for breaking up tobacco into several jars so that you can sample it after 6 months, 1 year, etc. without breaking the seal. In other words, you could have several jars aging at the same time rather then one big jar. Anyone have any input or experience with these?
Happy smoking!
-Eric

I use the small 4 oz. wide mouth jars quite a bit. They hold 2-3 ounces very nicely. I also use the 8 oz. wide mouth jars for larger quantities. I like to separate my tobacco into smaller portions so I can break into some without disturbing the aging of the rest.

My wife has a Ball Jar she's kept mine in since we got married. I can ask her where she got it... :sign: