• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Baltimore MD Herf?!?!?!?

emodx

Banned
It isn't often that I actually get to Herf with others while on Coast Guard business. With that said, since joining CP, every time I have traveled on Coast Guard business, I have herfed with someone from Cigar Pass. I hope this to be no exception from my game plan.

Okie dokie... this is a non-event as of right now. But the good news is that it will be here in the coming months. I am going to be in Baltimore in January and part of February. I know JoeP is in the Baltimore area. And Oak is DC. Bill is near DC, and Devin isn't too far off for a road trip either. Who knows, we may be able to get Lee up from Richmond. Plus if I rmember correctly, there a few other people in VA. Then there are the Yanks to the north who may want to make the drive down. :p Who knows, possibly a combined Super Bowl event? Is there anyone who would be able to be the ring leader for this? Please respond in this thread.

Emo

This has potential to be a good event!

I hope it doesn't fall by the wayside like the Las Vegas Herf did this past June :( I gotta admit, I'm one of those who first said "Oh yeah, I'm 99.9% sure I'll be there" but wound up not being able to make it.

January is pretty much dependent on the weather for me but I'd be willing to drive to Baltimore as it is only 6 hours from me ;) so long as it's not in a blizzard :0

coventrycat86 said:

I hope it doesn't fall by the wayside like the Las Vegas Herf did this past June :( I gotta admit, I'm one of those who first said "Oh yeah, I'm 99.9% sure I'll be there" but wound up not being able to make it.

January is pretty much dependent on the weather for me but I'd be willing to drive to Baltimore as it is only 6 hours from me ;) so long as it's not in a blizzard :0
I'll ride shotgun and be navigator :)

What it comes down to is 2 things. A host, and a comprimise on the date. If you take 3 week period, and gauge whats best for the participants, then the herf works itself out. But we are 6 months out. So this is just talking about the talking that happpens before a herf. You can't expect anything solid any except maybe a host.

Emo

I'm always interested in herfing - and with any kind of notice - I can be 100% for something in balto. When we get within 2 months, I'd suggest we pick a date and a host and go from there. I'm happy to host if no one else steps up - no problem...

- Oak

What area are you going to be in?
There are a few different CG stations around. I'm only 15 minutes away from downtown Baltimore. About 35 minutes away from the bay in Baltimore county.
I can help with the plans for the area if you need me.

I'm an hour out of the inner harbor area so I should be able to make it. Hard to commit 6 months out as others have said.

I am going to be at the Coast Guard Yard from what I understand.

Sounds great, but my attendance depends on when you schedule it. I will be unavailable the weekends of the 15th and 22nd of January. (I have a little business in the Reno/Tahoe area from the 15th to the 23rd of January). :)

With the interest generated so far, it looks like this could be a fun time. :thumbs: Too bad I am going to be up there in the dead of winter. How kick ass would it be if the date was in the spring around Opening Day. Oh well, freezing cold will do too I guess. LOL

Emo

Fast4Dr said:
coventrycat86 said:

I'll ride shotgun and be navigator :)
Car pool i'm in. :thumbs:

Beefcube said:
Do yourself a favor, stay away from Curtis Bay !
BWAHAHA...our last Yard period was 20 minutes outside of Charleston. No one had a car, and there was nothing to do. Getting a cab wasn't easy. Just a bad place. At least in Curtis Bay we will be at the base. We have the club on base, and getting a ride to the local car rental place should be easy. So while it is the armpit of Baltimore, it could be a lot worse for us. LOL

Emo

I had a meetup for another website up in Baltimore this past winter and the snow definitely put a monkeywrench in the works. So we may have to be flexible as far as day...if you're going to be around for three weeks we could schedule for one weekend and have a back up date the next.

Good idea. I will have to plan my duty days around that premise so I can have both days off.

Emo

BTW I highly recommend the Ropewalk tavern. Great selection of scotch and very cigar friendly.

Being in Curtis Bay, you will not be far from the SOBO or Downtown areas. I suggest you check with Ludwig for cigar-friendly venues in those areas. I've been out of Cross Street for 9 years so not sure what's left or what's friendly.