• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Baron's Lager

SewerRanger

So I was walking through my favorite liquor store the other day when I stumbled upon a beer I hadn't seen before. It was called Baron's and featured the red baron for a logo. My interest piped, I picked up a six pack of the Lager and went home to enjoy it. Much to my surprise it was a tasty little beer and they claim to be an Australian microbrewery (how a microbrewery can have international distribution I’ll leave up to you to figure out). Well, ever since Australia gave us Crocodile Dundee, I've been a bit hesitant to say they produce anything good (Steve Irwin excluded of course) but this was one fine Lager. It poured a lightly foggy yellowish-tangerine color with nice head retention. It was a nice looking beer. The head was a good inch thick or so and stuck around for most of the beer. The initial smells were of grain, honey, and grass with just a hint of ester. Afraid that the taste couldn’t live up to the look of the beer, I took my first hesitant sip. I guess Australia can make up for late career Mel Gibson after all. This was a tasty beer. The first taste was of a mildly sweet maltiness. There's a hint of grass and lemon to it. Not overwhelmingly sweet but just right. The finish has a nice bitter citrus crisp to it that compliments the lemony sweetness perfectly. Not really what I would call a typical lager, but it's got such a refreshing taste to it, you can't help but want some more of it. Now if something could just be done about Fosters…

Care for Australia much?? ???

You got a lot of stereotypes in there man, talking how Australia's pretty worhtless except for that beer...

As is Autralian tradition, Sewer Filth, I am going to have to drunkenly stab you in the chest with a broken beer bottle.

Leave our Yobbos alone, you drongo.

You guys are touchy. It's just a joke review. No offense meant. I loved The Crocodile Hunter, Mad Max, and Priscilla.

Wow what happened here ... CHILLAX ALL!

On a lighter note....There is a beer by baron called Black Wattle is delicious need to go find some again. mmmmmmm

I didn't like the Black Wattle that much. Though I think that might be because I was allergic to the black wattle seeds they used in the brewing process. The beer made my throat itch.

Nope, the rule with Aussies is we are as laid back as you could wish, until you insult our Country, or our wives and children.

Then we get the cricket bat out and cave in skulls. I can't change the rules.

Nope, the rule with Aussies is we are as laid back as you could wish, until you insult our Country, or our wives and children.

Then we get the cricket bat out and cave in skulls. I can't change the rules.
That is the rule for pretty much everyone...but I don't think SewerRanger meant anything bad by it, it sounded to me like he was just joking.

So Again ... JUST RELAX :sign: :sign: :rolleyes:

I was. I've not posted a single serious review on anything yet. I figured anyone with a sense of humor would have gotten that it was a joke. I mean how can anyone take an article that mentions "late career Mel Gibson" as serious?

C'mon guys... you really thought I was riled up about this? Really?

You guys are the ones who need to relax. Wow.

Hey man, you guys gave us Mel Gibson and Steve Irwin. You never know what you're capable of. As an aside, do Australians really drink this stuff?

hmm let me see now...

" I am going to have to drunkenly stab you in the chest with a broken beer bottle. Leave our Yobbos alone, you drongo."

and

"Then we get the cricket bat out and cave in skulls."

Oh now I get it, thats funny, :laugh: I must have missed the punch line :rolleyes: :sign: :sign:

hmm let me see now...

" I am going to have to drunkenly stab you in the chest with a broken beer bottle. Leave our Yobbos alone, you drongo."

and

Oh now I get it, thats funny, :laugh: I must have missed the punch line :rolleyes: :sign: :sign:

Do you want a blanky with your bottle?

hmm let me see now...

and

Do you want a blanky with your bottle?
Now that's hilarious! You must be a comedian, consideriing most of Australia's decendants were .... well I won't go there, blanket and bottle sound much better...come over cause I need to be tucked into bed.