• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

barontini question

syrinx

Hello all- hoping someone can help me out on this one! I have a pipe I bought for my father many years ago (20+). I bought it right at the time he quit smoking and was kind of cheesed as I remember spending a lot for it (35 or so- hey i was young and that was rightous bucks)! he has since passed and I took it as a keepsake- but now am in need of a pipe, and it is all but unsmoked. It is a barontini deluxe 313- real nice with a semi translucent stem. I am a cigar smoker and this would be a real help to get me into pipes- if it is worth smoking. All comments welcome and appreciated whether positive or otherwise! Thanks!

If you're just getting in to pipe smoking, I'm sure this pipe will work perfectly. I don't know much if anything about Barontini, I did google them and they seem to be well made pipes. The sentimential value is a good thing too. I occassionaly smoke a Dr. Graybow that was my grandfathers, he died in 1976. So I say smoke it.

thanks for the words- I also had looked around a bit and thought they seemed to be of decent quality. Years ago I managed a drug store and would order pipes- the famous graybows! I had one that was clay lined and it actually wasn`t a bad smoke, but then again I never ran any good tobac through it so who really knows. This one i have cleaned- used zacapa 23 yr old rum on it- that should at least double its value!