• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Baseball Contest

Apathy78

Since it is October and we are about half way through the World Series, here is another Baseball trivia contest.
The rules are simple;

Must have at least 3 months and 100 posts
No edits
One post only
Each of the 10 questions have two parts, with 5 points being awarded to each part that is correctly answered for a grand total of 100 points. Whoever has the most points, wins.
This contest will end Friday, October 27 at about 1300 EST or the first one to get 100 points.
I am the judge and my say is final. :p

And thanks to wasy for the original contest. :thumbs:
Good Luck :D

1.) Who won the AL MVP with the lowest Batting Average and what was the year

2.) Who won the NL Cy Young with the least amount of Wins and what was the year

3.) Who won the AL Rookie of the Year with the lowest Batting Average and what was the year

4.) Cal Ripken has appeared in 19 All Star Games; What was the year of his first and what was the year of his last?

5.) Who was the first player to hit 2 Grand Slams in one game and what was the year

6.) Who was the first player to hit 2 Grand Slams in one inning and what was the year

7.) Who hit the first Home Run for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and what was the year

8.) Who has recorded the most career no hitters and how many

9.) How many MVP awards did Yogi Berra win and what was the year of his first

10.) What year did Jose Canseco become the first player to hit 40 Home Runs and steal 40 bases and how many HR did he have?

Since it is October and we are about half way through the World Series, here is another Baseball trivia contest.
The rules are simple;

Must have at least 3 months and 100 posts
No edits
One post only
Each of the 10 questions have two parts, with 5 points being awarded to each part that is correctly answered for a grand total of 100 points. Whoever has the most points, wins.
This contest will end Friday, October 27 at about 1300 EST or the first one to get 100 points.
I am the judge and my say is final. :p

And thanks to wasy for the original contest. :thumbs:
Good Luck :D

1955 Yogi Berra - V
NYY .272/.349/.470

In 1942 Johnny Beazley started twenty-three (23) games. He won twenty-one (21) of those games making it the least amount of games started by a National League twenty (20) game winner

3.) Who won the AL Rookie of the Year with the lowest Batting Average and what was the year

Bobby Crosby - V
OAK .239/.319/.426

4.) Cal Ripken has appeared in 19 All Star Games; What was the year of his first and what was the year of his last? 1983, 2001

5.) Who was the first player to hit 2 Grand Slams in one game and what was the year
Tony Lazzeri - 1936

6.) Who was the first player to hit 2 Grand Slams in one inning and what was the year

Fernando Tatis 1999

7.) Who hit the first Home Run for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and what was the year

March 31, 1998. - Boggs

Nolan Ryan - 7

3 - 1951

10.) What year did Jose Canseco become the first player to hit 40 Home Runs and steal 40 bases and how many HR did he have? 1988 -42

I'll chime in here but request that in the off chance I win you drop a bomb on the person of your choice rather than sending me the winnings.

Maris .269 1961
Gagne 2 wins 2003
Bobby Crosby .239 2004
1983 and 2001
Tony Lazzeri 1936
Fernando Tatis 1999
Russ Mormon March 27th 1998 (Exhibition game)
Nolan Ryan 7
3 1951
42 hr 1988

:0
WOW that was fast. Wasy you are correct .
I thought this would take a bit longer then it did.

1961 Roger Maris .269 61 142
2003 Eric Gagne 2 – 3 1.20 55Sv
2004 Bobby Crosby .239 22 64
4.) Cal Ripken has appeared in 19 All Star Games; What was the year of his first and what was the year of his last?
1983 and 2001
Tony Lazzeri NYY 1936
Fernando Tatis STL 1999
Russ Mormon (Exhibition) Wade Boggs 1998 (Regular Season)
Nolan Ryan 7
3 1951
10.) What year did Jose Canseco become the first player to hit 40 Home Runs and steal 40 bases and how many HR did he have?
1988 42HR

As per your request wasy, a bomb(s) will go out tomorrow.

Thanks for playing. :thumbs:
I'll try to make it harder next time :p

:0
WOW that was fast. Wasy you are correct .
I thought this would take a bit longer then it did.

1961 Roger Maris .269 61 142
2003 Eric Gagne 2 – 3 1.20 55Sv
2004 Bobby Crosby .239 22 64
1983 and 2001
Tony Lazzeri NYY 1936
Fernando Tatis STL 1999
Russ Mormon (Exhibition) Wade Boggs 1998 (Regular Season)
Nolan Ryan 7
3 1951
1988 42HR

As per your request wasy, a bomb(s) will go out tomorrow.

Thanks for playing. :thumbs:
I'll try to make it harder next time :p

Nice one Wasy!

ANd more importantly...wasy...your avatar is hypnotic. HTanks for hte entertainment today.