• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Battle of the Tats

LOCAL669

Trying an experiment tonight when the kids fall asleep. I going to smoke a Tat Frank and a Black side by side to see which I like better. I enjoy both but want to see which will win my palate in a smoke off!! This may not be the best idea I have ever had but it will sure be fun.

For those of use lucky enough to have smoked each, which did you like better.

The black huh, I have switched my blacks over to a lower RH% hummi. I seem to like em' a little more that way. I am curious to see how they taste now that they have been in there for awhile!!

Both were a little to mild for my taste,but I would have to pick the Black.

Both are great but the Tat Black's flavor profile is tastier to me. Did you know that the Tat Black has binder tobacco as its wrapper?

Edited for clarity.

Tatuaje Especiale's. No contest! nothing even comes close. This was a pure and simple cigar. Not the over coveted hard to find jazz!

Here is a quote from an interview with Pete Johnson by Jeff of Cigarjack

Jeff: How about them Blacks? Nice jar!! They certainly are the talk of the town! And I hear they’re sold out!

Pete: Only 1000 jars were made. Around 900 will be released. I’m keeping the rest for myself!

There’s a story on our website regarding ‘the famous island that makes cigars.’ I’ve had the privilege to go there a few times legally! It is a real mysterious place. I always say that they’re the wheel. They were the first to do it right. There’s no sense in trying to recreate the wheel. I made the Tatuaje Black as a tribute to the cigar I smoked on a daily basis while down there. Something I enjoyed that wasn’t supposed to be about the look of the cigar, the way it burned, the construction. It’s all about the flavor and the aroma.

That’s why I use a binder for a wrapper, which gives it an interesting twist. The filler is already beefy. This binder we use is actually kind of sweet tasting, giving it a different character. I’m not big on throwing out lines of bullshit, so it isn’t a special kind of wrapper. It’s a binder.

Reserva J21. Gets my vote. Wait...that wasn't a choice. :laugh:

I think you should send me your blacks and then we can compare pallets via pm :p

I would probably say the blacks atm, although with some age I can see the Franks becoming really really good. Least that's my opinion.

Personally, I think they're both great cigars. I will, however, admit that I think the Tat Black is the superior of the two, but obviously the Franks are rarer. This was a good topic though, although it's kind of a tease to everyone who hasn't gotten their hands on these two great cigars, haha.

For me the Tat was better, the Frank was interesting at the start, kind of boring in the middle, and FANTASTIC at the end, while the Black was top notch all the way through.