• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BBQ / grilling forums

Shamrocker

Sheik Yerbouti
Anyone here a member of, or know of any good bbq and grilling forums?

+1 on Smoking Meat Forums and The virtual weber bullet. There's a lot of "pros" on the weber site too.

This question just get posted a month or so ago although it may have been in another forum.

SmokingMeat is great. Make sure to sign up for their e-mails and Facebook posts.

I use this one quite a bit. :) I'm a huge Bobby Flay fan so I watch his "Boy Meets Grill" quite a bit and use ideas from that. I did my first brisket this summer and used some pointers from a couple of different forums but I can't remember what they were.

I use this one quite a bit. :) I'm a huge Bobby Flay fan so I watch his "Boy Meets Grill" quite a bit and use ideas from that. I did my first brisket this summer and used some pointers from a couple of different forums but I can't remember what they were.

Of course I had considered the CP Chefs subforum, but I was looking for one that may be a little more dedicated to grilling and BBQ. There have been some great recipes, tips, and tricks here... but I came across one in a few searches that had a little more specific information. BBQ Source Forums looks pretty good. The grill modifications are pretty interesting. Might help with making my gas grill into a more versatile tool since I don't have the yard space to really consider having a dedicated smoker.

I like smokingmeat.com (Jeff has a monthly newsletter) and since I have a Traeger Grill I visit SmokingPit.com.

Not a forum, but this is an awesome site for anyone looking to get into smoking meat. smoker-cooking.com. This guys got some great recipies and tips for smoking on a gas or charcol grill. Used this to smoke my first ever brisket just a few weeks ago and it came out awesome!

But I agree with Golfanatic, how about we just start something grill/smoking specific on here?

I've got nothing against discussing grilling and BBQ here. I was also looking for more sources of useful info.

Anyone do any custom modifications to their grills to make it more of a multi-tasker? I don't have the room for a barbequeue and a smoker, so I am considering a way to make the warmimg rack bigger so I can get a little more temperature control. Hopefully that will allow a better "low and slow" so I can do some real smoking and BBQ.

Nope. In the end I think getting a seperate smoker would be better. The smaller electric ones don't take up much room.

Nope. In the end I think getting a seperate smoker would be better. The smaller electric ones don't take up much room.

Agreed, and they really aren't that expensive either. There are ways to smoke in a gas grill, you may already know the indirect cooking method.

For anyone who doesn't know this process, here's the quick and easy of it. If the grill has 4 burners, only turn on the first two, and place whatever your cooking over the seconded set of burners. Keep the grill on low, this will keep the internal temp somewhere in the range of 225-250, pretty good for low and slow cooking. As for the smoking aspect, buy a smoker box, about $13 at Sears, and a bag of wood chips (hickory, oak, or any other hardwood works best). Soak the chips in water for about 30 minutes and place them in the smoker box. Remove the grill grate over the first two burners and place the smoker box right on top of the gas rail or rail guard. granted, this technique doesn't produce the same results that an actual food smoker would, but you still get a nice smoke ring and a great smoking flavor to whatever your cooking.

A year or 2 ago, I replaced my electric Brinkman with a Masterbuilt from Sams Club (has a front glass window). It is larger than the Masterbuilt @ Cabellas and for barely nothing you can buy the extended warranty. Masterbuilt had an electrical wiring issue at one time so everyone said go with the warranty.

The difference between my Weber and my smoker is I can't fit 14 picnics in my grill. I once did a paid graduation gig and I posted on Smoking meat asking how long it takes for 14 picnics to get done. They were already in there. Everyone thought I was crazy putting that much monies worth in the smoker at one time. Never been done before and these guys were di-hard smoking fanatics.

BTW it takes 16-24 hrs depending on the sizes. :D