• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bead Age

Cira

Sorry if this is a FAQ but I searched and couldn't find anything.

How long do heartfelt beads last for good results. I've had mine for like 1.5-2 years. They are still working great but starting to turn a little yellowish brown color. I've only ever used distilled water and they've been in bead bags in sitting on cedar shelves the whole time.

When might be a good time to replace?

Cira! Good to see you posting bro! I was wondering what the he!! happened to you...

As for the beads, I don't think you have to worry about them turning color. A friend of mine says the beads in his cooler are pretty dark yellow. This is after probably 8 years or so. Mine are a bit yellow as well, after a year or so. No worries as long as they are still holding rh... right?

Of course if it bothers you, you could always buy some more. Heartfelt prices are pretty reasonable.

Take it easy bro!

mac

Cira! Good to see you posting bro! I was wondering what the he!! happened to you...

As for the beads, I don't think you have to worry about them turning color. A friend of mine says the beads in his cooler are pretty dark yellow. This is after probably 8 years or so. Mine are a bit yellow as well, after a year or so. No worries as long as they are still holding rh... right?

Of course if it bothers you, you could always buy some more. Heartfelt prices are pretty reasonable.

Take it easy bro!

mac

I could not have said it better.

Take it easy bro!

mac

I could not have said it better.
:sign:

Sell the yellow ones on eBay as aged kitty litter. You can sell anything there. :p

Sell the yellow ones on eBay as aged kitty litter. You can sell anything there. :p

LOL - you could sell them as being "well aged" like a fine CC and sell them for 4X what you paid for them! Just make sure to put them in a glass topped case... :whistling:

LOL - you could sell them as being "well aged" like a fine CC and sell them for 4X what you paid for them! Just make sure to put them in a glass topped case... :whistling:

Is that you doing that? :)

I have beads in my cabinet that are in the 6 to 7 year old range and they're still working like a charm.

Beads_Color_Change.jpg

Do you think that the cigars are creating this color change in the beads? If so, makes me glad I don't smoke 24/7, I don't want my teeth looking like that! :D

Do you think that the cigars are creating this color change in the beads? If so, makes me glad I don't smoke 24/7, I don't want my teeth looking like that! :D

It is a combination of the oils and gases the cigars give off as they age and the oils from the spanish cedar that the humidor is made of.

thanks for all this information, i'm planning on switching to beads very soon.