• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beads And a Cigar Oasis

tangomar

I have a 500 count humidor that I use a Cigar Oasis in, The RH on the top sticks right at 70% where the Oasis is. The bottom drops to about 65% Can I put the beads on the bottom? If so how much and what RH do I buy. Will they suck out the moisture of the Cigar oasis?

I would recommend buying a tube for the bottom and a tube for the top and pitch the Oasis just to be sure. Pick which ever RH you want, although I think most guys on here prefer 65%, including myself.

70/70 is mainly used because its easy to remember. Almost every forum member ive talked to says that 65% and under 70degrees makes for a better smoke, and i agree.

I agree with the sentiments of having under 70% RH (my personal tastes are 68% give or take +/- 1% RH), and under 70 degrees temp. My puros smoke so much better that way and I can actually taste them more than when I was holding each humidor at 70 ish/70ish temps.

Darren