• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beads holding rh steady

natejustice

Justice for all
When I recieved my beads I would say approximately 60% of them were clear, so I just threw them in the coolidor without adding any distilled water...I figured since the humidity was so high at the time here in PA, I would leave some additional room for the beads to suck up some humidity if it got too high in the coolidor...For about a week now, the beads have been holding steady at 67-68% rh, I ordered the 70% beads....I checked and the ratio of Clear to white beads looks correct.. I have no problem with it holding steady at this rh, as I couldn't make up my frickin mind on which percentage rh beads to purchase, so running a little lower than 70 is fine with me...

Basically my question is do the 70% beads run a little lower than 70 usually or is it a sign that they could use a little more moisture in them?? ???

nate

The beads have a tolerance of plus or minus 2% so 68% is not impossible. I think you may want to check your hygrometer as well since being 2-5% off is not uncomon for them.

Ok, thanks Dave..thats what I thought just wanted to verify.. :)

viper139 said:
The beads have a tolerance of plus or minus 2% so 68% is not impossible. I think you may want to check your hygrometer as well since being 2-5% off is not uncomon for them.
[snapback]242415[/snapback]​

Try placing a cup of water in the cooler for a day. The beads will absorb the right amount of humidity automatically so when you remove the cup your beads should be working properly...not to say that they will hold the rh at exactly 70% since (as mentioned before) there is a small range of error anyway.

alright cool thanks gator...i might have to try that

gatorsmg said:
Try placing a cup of water in the cooler for a day. The beads will absorb the right amount of humidity automatically so when you remove the cup your beads should be working properly...not to say that they will hold the rh at exactly 70% since (as mentioned before) there is a small range of error anyway.
[snapback]244481[/snapback]​

No problem ;)

The first time I use new beads I put drops of water on them and then use the cup of water. After that I simply use a cup of water every once in a great while to "recharge" the beads.

Hope you get the results you're looking for.

Back