• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Before I make a mistake...

ZippoVette

I see this can go either way...I'm hoping my situation gets a definitive answer.

I received my sample pack today...10 pretty decent cigars. My schedule will only allow a cigar every so often...maybe 1 a week.

In easy terms, they'll be sitting awhile before I get to all of them. I have a humidor...with a small stock of cigars.

I am wondering if all these cigars should be removed from their cello's and put in the humidor, or should they remain wrapped?

Another stupid question...any downside to a vast majority of cigar types all in one humidor?

Keep the flavored cigars (if any) seperate.
Cellophane left on may protect fragile wrappers, but can be removed as well.

There are no definitive answers in any realm of personal taste and preference. Don't let anyone suggest otherwise to you. Common wisdom and preference, yes, but nothing more than that, and even those are often debated.

Keep them within the cellophane and keep them together (unless any of them are infused with strong flavorings).

Enjoy :thumbs:

Yikes, you are about to get jumped for this question LOL. Cello or no cello is up to YOU. There is absolutely no benefit to taking the cello off, unless you like staring at the cigars naked. Otherwise, cello allows for additional protection from possible mishandling of the cigar, dropping, ect. best bet is to keep the cello on. And unless you have flavored cigars mixed in w/ regular cigars, you are fine to mix and match cuban cigars, with nic. cigars, or DR cigars.

FYI- there have been a lot of threads covering this topic...probably about 1,000.

Enjoy your sampler bro!

-Aaron

You can leave the cello on or take it off. Don't keep flavored cigars with non flavored cigars.

Even a cursory search on this question would have led to MANY threads with answers. It wold be wise to utilize that feature in the future.

:)

I agree with the above posts, especially about separating flavored and non-flavored. The flavors can 'marry' and your non-flavoreds will start to taste flavored.

Something interesting to know is that the reason you can leave the cellos on is because they are made to be breathable. They age just a touch slower (say some), but they will still age. If you're really worried you can cut the cello off enough to leave the foot exposed, but leave the rest on to protect the wrapper.

I used to remove all my cellos until my wrappers started getting damaged from jostling around and such. Plus cellos let you write on them dates, brands, etc to help you remember where and when you got certain sticks.

I agree with the above posts, especially about separating flavored and non-flavored. The flavors can 'marry' and your non-flavoreds will start to taste flavored.

Something interesting to know is that the reason you can leave the cellos on is because they are made to be breathable. They age just a touch slower (say some), but they will still age. If you're really worried you can cut the cello off enough to leave the foot exposed, but leave the rest on to protect the wrapper.

I used to remove all my cellos until my wrappers started getting damaged from jostling around and such. Plus cellos let you write on them dates, brands, etc to help you remember where and when you got certain sticks.

The cellos are breathable? So a humidor is still doing it's job even through the cello? That's great news! I'll keep them on all the time...I like the protection factor.