• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Being lured to the Dark Side

Big Slim Junior

I've been reading all the love for AF on this board for some time and have been skeptical. Maybe it was because I've never had an AF that I really liked. My first experience with AF was downright bad. Anyway, I had a couple of different AF sticks over the weekend and I have to admit that they're pretty damn good. Maybe some of you guys do know what the hell you're talking about! :D

Big Slim Junior said:
I've been reading all the love for AF on this board for some time and have been skeptical. Maybe it was because I've never had an AF that I really liked. My first experience with AF was downright bad. Anyway, I had a couple of different AF sticks over the weekend and I have to admit that they're pretty damn good. Maybe some of you guys do know what the hell you're talking about! :D
Which AF sticks did you have? The line of AF cigars is so huge... Ashtons (VSGs, Cabinet, etc.), Don Carlos, Opus X, 858, Hemingway, Anejo, etc.

moki said:
Big Slim Junior said:
Which AF sticks did you have? The line of AF cigars is so huge... Ashtons (VSGs, Cabinet, etc.), Don Carlos, Opus X, 858, Hemingway, Anejo, etc.
To be honest, I'm not sure. I know one had a cedar wrap with black band on the foot. I'm confused about all the different AF's. Plus, I'm horrible at remembering exactly what I smoke. That's why I'm always impressed with your reviews. My brain usually just says, "Mmmmm... cigar... good." :)

Big Slim Junior said:
Plus, I'm horrible at remembering exactly what I smoke. That's why I'm always impressed with your reviews. My brain usually just says, "Mmmmm... cigar... good." :)
Me too Bro. :p

The black band means "Sungrown."

Big Slim Junior said:
To be honest, I'm not sure. I know one had a cedar wrap with black band on the foot. I'm confused about all the different AF's. Plus, I'm horrible at remembering exactly what I smoke. That's why I'm always impressed with your reviews. My brain usually just says, "Mmmmm... cigar... good." :)
Ironically, that's one of the reasons I like to do reviews -- makes me pay attention to the cigar so I'll remember it! :)

If it was cedar wrapped with a black band, it was probably either an 858 sungrown or one of the Chateau Fuente sungrowns, or if it was a belicoso, perhaps the sungrown Cuban Belicoso.

BTW if you want some AF recommendations, feel free to ask...

**Cough** Try a Toast Across America **Cough**

The Don Carlos line is absolutely horrible...but that's just my opinion. Opus X's are nice.

I always have a tough time telling one from another. Don Carlos and Hemingways seem to look the same.... They have the same bands. Are Hemingways all perfecto shaped?

Willie