• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best cigar pass here so far?

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
Well, this might not be taken too well- so if anyone wants to reply to this in private mail, that's fine. Don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt.

I'm curious, those of you who have participated in cigar passes here, which one was the best and why... More why, I don't really care about the name of the pass or passers... just why that one stuck out in your head, and what made it special?

Was it something inside? the way it was packaged? the selection of sticks? the number of players? something extra inside?

Be as specific as possible.

Thanks
:thumbs: Toaster
toaster@pobox.com

Well, I'm new to this site and passes BUT the ones I like were where they were done for a special occasion like:

RicMac25's "My friend is having a baby" pass where we were stocking up a nice pass for our brother Ric to give to a good friend of his in honor of he and his wifes' baby.

Another one I liked was when brother Gibu bought a new humidor, "New humidor pass" where we were tossing in extra sticks to help stock his new LARGE humidor.

An yet another is GuyanaBoy's "Grand Daddy Pass" in honor of his first grandchild. Exceptin' of course, Steve puts a box of AF Chateau Fuentes in the pass and instructs each participant to take one cigar (Steve, ya got it backwards.... but that's okay I loved the Chateau Fuente :) ) Steve made that a fun pass and was doing a great job following its progress.

These passes allow participants to be generous with their puts for the special occasion of the pass.

There are advantages and disadvantages to all passes (for instance, sometimes I like passes with all high end cigars and sometimes I don't) but what's nice about this site is there are a variety of passes starting virtually all the time so you have a wide selection to choose from.

I don't know if I helped much or just yakked too long........... ???

The VERY BEST pass was the one I started! :p

The second best was the Grand-dad pass that CC mentioned! He gave a free cigar for playing! :D

The VERY BEST pass was the one I started!

Well, even though I joined this site on June 18th and SD came AFTER me, I didn't get off my butt and get involved until well after SD got this one rolling BUT knowing SD, if I had been lucky enough to participate, it would have ranked right up there with the BEST of em' :thumbs:

Honestly every pass I've been in has been great. They all have their own personalities making them somewhat unique. This is the key IMO. Think of something unique or at least different fromt the norm and you'll make an impression. My favorite idea is to have each passer send the next passer in line a surprise stick. If you do this though make sure you spell it out in the pass instructions as the pass I was in the whole thing kind of fell apart because everyone kept forgetting that part :0 Personally I think just because you are doing an all Havana pass makes it interesting :D Good luck on your pass!

I have thought of at least 3 different things I am going to do with my pass, I'm not going to reveal anything yet- but I'm sure everyone will enjoy it (I think you're first on the list LB- so you'll get to know before anyone else does)

I'll keep watching this thread and see if there are any more nifty idea's I might steal and use. So far the 3 (maybe 4) things I've already got planned, I didn't see done before and havn't heard anyone mention. ITS GOING TO BE FUN!

(thanks for the input fellas- keep it coming!)

:thumbs: Toaster

Haven't been in a bad one, yet. But, Edicion Limitada I, II and III were quite outstanding, as far as cigar selection and swaps.

All the passes I have been in have been great. I must say that the best pack job goes to SS for the "Crapped On" pass. First class and easy (no peanuts). :D