• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best humi in the $500 hundred range?

Thanks for that info, I'm definately leaning in the Daniel Marshall direction. Where did you place the beads? In what? and how much beads? thanks.

I have a DM Treasure Chest. Not only is it a craftsman's work of art, it's function is absolute phenomenal. About 8 months ago I removed the foam from the humidifier and replaced it with 65% beads - since then I've recharged the beads ONE TIME. I have China made humidors that I have to recharge about every 6 weeks (only counting the China boxes that actually seal). There is absolutely no comparison between my DM and any China made box I own or have owned. . .
[snapback]202435[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Jan Primus said:
Thanks for that info, I'm definately leaning in the Daniel Marshall direction. Where did you place the beads? In what? and how much beads? thanks.

I simply opened up the black plastic humidifer and replaced the foam with a pantyhose sack of beads. A more elegant solution is this:
Aluminum Humidifier which fits perfectly. . .but either solution keeps everything nicely packaged :thumbs:

Hi guys, this is my second post here but I have two humidors and both do a nice job. The first would be too small but it is a zino humidor for about 30 - 40 sticks. I waited and found it on ebay for 52 bucks, my main humidor is the daniel marshall 20th anv treasure chest. I know these are pricey but if you contact them they usually have some b stock units, mine cost a little under 500 for the humidor which i consider to be a great deal. It currently has about 100+ cigars in it and is just incredible at regulating the Temp and humidity. Even though the picture they show on the website shows a pretty nicked up humi, mine i had to search several times to find a small nik in the veneer under the laquer. Almost impossible to detect. I also replaced the stock humidifier element with an ashton since it take straight distilled water. Oh well those are my 2 cents, and here is the link the DM. The prices they list on their website are not 100%

http://www.danielmarshall.com/sale.html

This is what they quoted me when i was speaking with them.

Thanks for your email.
Let us know if you have any questions, I would be happy to review this in detail on the phone with you. You will be able to show and display any of these humidors proudly as they look great.
Best Regards,
Doug
DM, INC
800 923 2889

Please note the sale will close on 4/15/05

Trays are possible to add on to the 20125 and 30125 for an additional $50.
Digital meter upgrade with wooden frame can be added for an additional $25

Re: Private Stock sale info below.

All Humidors come with the DM full warranty as our other humidors. We place humidors into this category for the smallest of defects that in some cases people find hard to notice.

No questions asked money back return policy with in 7 days applies if your not satisfied when you receive the humidor. We also provide a Federal Express No Cost to you method of returning the humidor if you so decide with in 7 days of receipt of the humidor. We accept all major credit cards for US domestic orders.

Shipping Ground UPS usually runs about 22 to 28.45 with in the Continental USA

Some basic info and pricing follow:

Please note this sale is of Limited Availability and pricing subject to change without notice. Thank You

Shipping is usually 5 to 7 business days from date order is placed.

Humidors will function as well as our other collections.

Blemishes are usually in the paint or under the lacquer. Average condition is similar to the photo shown on the web. Some have less than this. If you want one, we can look for a humidor from the stock that we believe you will be pleased with.

Note: underlined boxes are NEAR MINT and represent an exceptional value

Lower price is Sale Price -- Higher price is Regular Price

30050 50 Cigar -Zebrawood only- Mint condition- close out
special $275 regular $475

30100 $250 Burl $550 (average)

30125 $375 Burl, Cocobolo Rosewood, Zebrawood or in Birdseye Maple
Regular price $ 695 (near Mint)

30150 $445 Burl $995 (near mint)

20125 $250 Black Matte Ambiente $450 reg. (near mint) (highly rated with the only "best buy" designation by Cigar Aficionado

20165 $395 Burl Regular $750 (near mint) Rated "A" and the only "best Buy" recommendation by Cigar Aficionado. Optional sliding wood cover housing for DM regulator $25.

30050C Churchill Humidors $ 250 Regular: $ 895
( better than average condition) Cocobolo Rosewood only
(Churchill Humidors are from a limited series)

20th Anniversary Treasure Chest $545 Regular : $895 ( near Mint and one piece available) Note: Optional sliding wood cover housing for DM Regulator $25 and stainless steel cigar cutter $15. Digital meter included
(rated "A" , and the Number 1 humidor by Cigar Aficionado Dec 2003) Humidor review)

New Ambiente By Daniel Marshall Humidor
20150.8 Zebrawood up to 150 corona sized cigars. Exceptional size to value ratio. Very nice looking
Near mint condition.
Special $250 Regular $425
add a tray for $25 more. Lots of dividers and organization space. With DM Humidity Regulator and lock and key. (14-1/2" x 9-3/4" x 7")

Daniel Marshall's are top notch.

Sage at Petroglyph doesn't do desktops as far as I know.

You can still find a few really nice Arlin Lissadors around and the are very nice desktops.

You may try Matt at Avallo. But, I'm not sure if he's doing desktops anymore. It may be all custom cabinets now.

Some other top end, very high quality desktops to search out:
Dunhill
Elie Bleu
Michael Perrenoud
ST Dupont
Promethus

You could also take a look at the Diamond Crown line. These are made by Reed & Barton and are also top notch desktops.

I was in your shoes last year. instead of a high priced desk top I went with a smaller cabinet

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/aristocrat-mini.html

I puchased an Aristocrat Mini with a Cigar Oasis Plus for $539. It will hold 15+ boxes although I don't have nearly that much in there. It does not need to be full to function properly, but filling it up has been a fun process. It's not only functional and built extremely well, but it's a beautiful piece of furniture.

They are made in Texas and the customer service is unparalleled. You call the 1-800# and you talk to the owner Bob Staebell. He will answer any questions you might have personally

I ended up with a Daniel Marshall 150 count desktop. It has performed well, but as you guys warned, it is now pretty much full. I probably will end up buying a cabinet similar to Ironworkers eventually.

I have to admit that everyone was right and I was wrong :(

When choosing my new humi, everyone told me to go much larger than originally planned because I would need the space. I was like, nooo way will I ever need all that space, but once your hooked, your HOOKED!!!

I am now looking at a large cabinet that holds roughly 2000 or so cigars. I learned that after this, why buy another one and why buy a larger one... I know I will end up in the same boat again so I plan on going HUGE this time!!! :)

Just thought I would share this with you because other may learn from it.

ENJOY!!!

Edited for spelling...

For "show" i have a small 30-40 count desktop that i keep on my desk filled with cigars that i plan on smoking within the next few weeks. For the rest of my "stash" i keep them out of sight in a large coolerdor. Keeps prying hands away from my larger collection while at the same time, providing the perfect storage conditions. Plus, it makes the wife think i only have a small collection in the humidor on my desk! :p