• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Lighter: Consider Value, Durability, Etc.

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
Let's end this debate once and for all. Is it matches? Is it a torch lighter? Are cedar spills mandatory for a clean cigar smoke? I am personally searching for new fire now that my Zippo is ineffective. My disposable lighters have all crapped out on me too many times and at crucial lighting moments for me to consider using them again. I am ready to spend some bread (hopefully less than $100) to get the lighter that I can give to my son.

What suggestions do you have?

QTrifecta.gif

I think Leebo has one of these Colibro Trifectas, he seems to think it's pretty cool. I would too, if I had one...LOL. :D :p :D

I think they're around $80 give or take. :0

I love the visuals you are constantly providing, Beast. How about it Leebo? Is it all it's cracked up to be?

I have a Trifecta(thanks Devin!) and it is the first Colibri that has not crapped out on me. It does use a lot of fuel. I do only use it at home, afraid I will get it all scratched up if I carry it around.

I use a Blazer torch when I'm out and around. I've had it for four years and have never had a problem with it. :thumbs:

Hey since we're talkin about torches, I have a Prometheus (sp?), and I don't know if I don't use it properly or what, but I end up getting frustrated with lighting. I end up burning my cigars wrong and having to use my cedar matches to touch up and get an even burn.

Anyone else have that problem, or is it just me not being used to the torch?

For value I'd second the Blazer PB-207 Microtorch. I had mine for 5 years and it always worked great... until I dropped it... UGH! I'd get another one in a flash!

As for what I'm using now... I have a Colibri Trifecta (TY-DMC!) and I love it! It's an awesome lighter and working great!

Aloha,

Wade

wk-mang said:
For value I'd second the Blazer PB-207 Microtorch.
I used this lighter, or a mock version of it for some time now. It seemed to be cheaply made and not a long-lasting item. Is there any way to refill these lighters, or do you have to just trash them and start over?

I use a ASG pocket torch most of the time. Got two for four bucks on cigar bid. I want a fancy lighter but end up rather buying fancy gars instead. I use blue tip matches the rest of the time and they work just as well. Imho.
Although that triple flame light looks like it rocks.

McPatrickClan,

You must've been using a clone... the Blazer PB-207 has been knocked off by many but there is only one Blazer. As I mentioned, I used mine for over 5 years and it worked great! There is a fill valve on the bottom and I had a clear tank which made it easy to see the fuel level.

Aloha,

Wade

For Blazer PB-207:

Blazer Products

Tool Warehouse

The PB-207 is on the bottom of the page on the Tool Warehouse site.

Jeff, that torch picture looks like a knock-off. The Blazer has a removeable cap that is attached to the lighter with a chain. FYI. :D

i've had at least 5 different jet lighters. all on the cheap side. one didn't work when i got it, one fell apart, a couple worked good for awhile then quit on me, another worked great, but i wore it out (a blazer clone).

but i gave up on the cheap torch lighters as i've found something better. if you're talking strictly price and durability, i've found you can't beat a:

BernzOMatic pencil torch with a 16.4 oz. (or smaller) cannister of Coleman propane! :D

4627246_1_89301.jpeg

they even have the trigger-ignited kind of you want to get all fancy. :D

this will never wear out and will always work as long as you have a can of propane (which is cheap).

5103A164_x200.jpg

i admit it can be a little unwieldy, but it's just fine for sitting on the deck. :D

Hey d, how long does it take to grow back your eyebrows after lighting up a cigar with that sucker? ;) :D

The other thing about torch lighters is using the correct fuel. DO NOT USE RONSON BUTANE!!!!! That fuel is like putting tar in your lighter. Try to get at least a triple-refined butane fuel such as Vector. The more refined a fuel the cleaner the burn and no problems. :thumbs:

LOL! nah B, it's a pencil-tip propane torch. you can adjust the flame so that it's EXACTLY the same size and shape as your regular jet torch lighters. you won't do any more damage with it than you would with a regular lighter (unless you want to). it's also great for lighting your charcoal or gas grill. i'm telling ya...it's the best tabletop lighter in the world <tho the trigger ignition would be nice, i don't have that version> and it's virtually indestructible being solid brass.

ST Dupont Ligne 2... now if I only had one.... :(

dup-16787.jpg

This is the one I really want though....
cuaba04.jpg
cuaba03.jpg

cuaba02.jpg
Cuabaprueba.jpg

yeah, for about the price of a box of cigars. that violates the best value clause.

oh wait, let me get a visual...

US384.JPG

LMAO

(that coleman propane isnt a bad idea though) :lookup: