• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best lighter for a gift?

Jan Primus

Reaction score
Since I'm kinda set for lighters I haven't paid any attention to whats out there these days...I have a Porsche lighter which is great but only holds enough fuel to light a handful of cigars, simply impractical...then I have 3 Colibri's 1 of which is great, 1 is ok and the other is just plain garbage. I'm looking for a lighter with the great feel and style of the Porsche but will hold a practical amount of fuel. The Colibri's have been to inconsistant I'd hate to gift someone a lemon. Other than that, I have no experience with any brands and am looking for suggestions in the $200-$400 range. tia

Since I'm kinda set for lighters I haven't paid any attention to whats out there these days...I have a Porsche lighter which is great but only holds enough fuel to light a handful of cigars, simply impractical...then I have 3 Colibri's 1 of which is great, 1 is ok and the other is just plain garbage. I'm looking for a lighter with the great feel and style of the Porsche but will hold a practical amount of fuel. The Colibri's have been to inconsistant I'd hate to gift someone a lemon. Other than that, I have no experience with any brands and am looking for suggestions in the $200-$400 range. tia

It's not in your price range (it's less) but I don't think you could beat the Dupont X-tend. It looks great and has just enough weight to feel solid but is still light enough to easily carry around. I'm not sure how many sticks I could light with mine but I believe it has a pretty large fuel tank. I saved up for awhile to buy mine and did so with no regrets.

How about the Opus X-tend lighters? Around 200. I don't think I would feel comfortable buying a $400 lighter. That's a whole lot of opus's I could be smoking. :)

The x-tends are a nice lighter, and they hold a pretty decent amount of fuel. I think they have proven to be the best torch lighter I have used, and hold the most with the exception of the blazer.
They are less than your price range, but I believe htere are some specialty editions (Check with Mark from cigarmony.com, I'm sure he can help you out, and is a TOP-NOTCH businessman and BOTL.)
Otherwise, I believe that starting right at the top of your price range are the other Dupont lighters, albeit with a soft flame, not torch. But they are super-quality works of art. Mark carries these as well, I believe.

Well, considering I know jack about specific brands, I'd like to mention something in the 'design' department that I found single-handedly made this type of lighter awesome:

Jeff (CigarStone) had a lighter that (depending on how you clicked the clicker) was a torch, or a double flamed 'regular' lighter.
The torch is great, we all know, but that double flame was great for slowly roasting a cigar lit.

Just my 0.02$

~R

Absolutely can't go wrong with the ST Dupont X-tends (about 1/2 of your designated price range) :thumbs:

~Mark

I've had good luck with the Lotus lighters. Great styling and selection and reliable to boot!
The whole line is under $100.

On the upper end from the same manufacturer are the Bugatti lighters. They are your price range and should be a good bet.

Jim