• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Smoke?

LeePitts

Hello,
I am relatively new to cigars. I have tried several different brands and have a few favorites. I was wondering what everyones favorite stick would be? I am asking about the domestic type(kind you can buy at local shop)? Thanks for the recommendations. Oh by the way I prefer a petit corona,corona, robusto size smoke with a ring gauge of around 44-48. I also have a question about a couple of retailers if someone would pm me I would appreciate it. Thanks for the recommendations.......

Thanks, I will put that on my list I am making of sticks to try. Oh bye the way..Hello everyone, I forgot to introduce myself and say hello.

Favorite Domestics: Padron 1964 Torpedo, Opus X, Gurkha Ledgend perfecto, Rocky Patel SG, VSG.

lucasbuck said:
Welcome to CP :) Don't miss the Padron 1926 #9 Maduro :love:
[snapback]228779[/snapback]​
Oh sure... lets just start the newbie on the hardcore crack. Before you know it, we'll be seeing more threads like this. :D

Padron serie 1926 maduro #2

...at least in my limited experience

Honorable mention- Fuente Anejo #46

Funny, I just had a poll about that here.

Love those 26s but for price and availability (relative) PAM exclusivos have got my vote. Never let me down, but they will make everything else seem not worth your time.

CYG

Since you mentioned liking the Petite Corona give a Davidoff Millennium a try. A little pricey but a great smoke IMO.

I would recommend the newbie sampler
look at the Buy/Sell/Trade & Group Purchases area. The newbie sampler is at the top :cool:

Bill

wam79 said:
I would recommend the newbie sampler
look at the Buy/Sell/Trade & Group Purchases area. The newbie sampler is at the top :cool:

Bill
[snapback]228948[/snapback]​

Bill's got a great idea. Or you could do what I did, go in your local shop, and start buying two of each brand. This gives you the option of trying it, twice. :thumbs:

Padron Aniversario in Maduro 1964's. The 1926's are great also but the price is stupid.

Opus X

Diamond Crown natural

Ashton Cabinet

Davidoff Aniversary and Milleniums

Fuente Don Carlos

Start with your favorite sizes in the above lines.

As has been posted, score a n0Obie sampler....then, you tell us.... :thumbs:

In the meantime, IMHO it's pretty darn hard to go wrong with anything that says "Padron" on it; from the Fumas (~$1.80 each) to the PAM64 / PAM26's, it's a very solid line of cigars.

Cheers - B.B.S.

I have many "favorites" ... and the ones I like may not necesarily fit your tastebuds. You can get lots of recommendations from folks, but the best advice I got when starting cigars was to buy sampler packs and try as many different brands as possible. Also, get a small notebook and jot down some comments on what you liked and disliked about each cigar.

Then, based on your preferences for strength, flavor, size, price, etc ... other smokers can make informed recommendations.

So for right now, I'd suggest trying samples from quality brands like Avo, CAO, Fuente, Hoyo De Monterrey, Padron, Partagas, and Torano.

KayakinBoy said:
Bill's got a great idea. Or you could do what I did, go in your local shop, and start buying two of each brand. This gives you the option of trying it, twice. :thumbs:
[snapback]229011[/snapback]​

Ditto on that, KB. Always try new things before you get "trapped" with one or two that you "like". Give them all a chance and then you can narrow them down by wrapper, country, filler, strength and size. But keep on smoking!!

-Fetter :thumbs: