• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big Companies vs. Small Companies

gibu

I was looking at cigars on the net, as I tend to do, and seen a cigar brand in a sample pack of brands from one of the really big companies. I had been wanting to try this cigar brand and now that I knew who made it I really didn't have as much interest in it. This has happened a couple times now and I'm not sure why. Logically I should just try as many as I have an oportunity to and judge each on its own merits not carring where it comes from. For some reason the smaller brands have some quality that is more appealing in some way. And its just not the small companies, its fammily owned, private companies. Either that or the big corporate guys are just very unappealing. Perhaps its part of what makes cigars unique over say cigs and light beer.

This just seemed a little odd to me and I was wondering if anyone else had given this any thought.

I tend to be that way about a lot of things, but I've never noticed that tendency in my cigar preferences. I'm definately that way when it comes to beer. I don't care for the big mass produced brands but I love the small boutique micro-brews. With a lot of things quality times quantity is a constant. Having said that, not many people ship out more cigars than Arturo Fuente and they make some fairly decent smokes. :lookup:

i agree with FT. i do the same with the beer. hate mass produced or as i call it bladder filtered.
but i choose my cigars on how much i like them when i smoke them.
hell i've bought a cigar before because i thought the band looked cool.

gws3 said:
i agree with FT. i do the same with the beer. hate mass produced or as i call it bladder filtered.
but i choose my cigars on how much i like them when i smoke them.
:sign: And here I thought I was the only one who did that!

I've no particular favorite between small or large companies of cigars - or at least none that I know of. I try a brand and if I like it I try to try as many lines and individuals inside the line as possible. It's all about the taste and experience for me, not so much as who made them - or for that matter even where they made them (that said I should admit I have never tried one from Mexico yet, just hasn't caught my eye yet).

Sam

gws3 said:
... i choose my cigars on how much i like them when i smoke them.
I am a consumer and have no thoughts about how big or little a company may be. I want a quality product delivered to me for as close to absolutely nothing as possible. Sometimes I find I have overpaid for name brands and other time wish I had overpaid for name brands....I prefer a cigar I enjoy and if it costs twice as much as others then I have a choice to make. Size of a company rarely enters into any decision on a purchase for me, except that a distiguishable name makes me more comfortable ordering online or by phone. Just my $.025...... :D :D :sign: :sign: