• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big day

khari

Today I got engaged to be married. I am simultaneously excited and scared sh!tless. Is this to be expected?

ABSOLUTELY!!! CONGRATULATIONS BROTHA!!

Whens the big date??!?!?!?!?

Glad I'm not the only one. Congrats brotha!

Good to know you smoked one of my cigars on such an occasion. :thumbs:

Gratz brother! I remember being scares as well, knowing life would change, but it goes away pretty fast.lol. Did you do anything crazy when you proposed? Congratz again man, and good luck! You will need it. lololol

Don

Congrats brother and I hope you and the future to be bride have a great life together. Just remember a couple of things:

1) Never go to bed mad, kiss and make up.

2) You'll have ups and downs but it's fun to have the one you love on that road.

God bless you both....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Great news Khari, congrats buddy. Stogieman gives great, fundamental advice. Post back here how you did it if you would. Make sure and smoke a nice one to celebrate.

Run and run fast.... Congrats brother, I took the plunge eight yrs ago and would do it again!! Again Congrats!! :thumbs:

I got engages 54 weeks ago. I'd still excited, but any nerviousness has long since passed. Congradulations. Stogieman's advice is something you should write down, because it is fundimental. Also, dont listen to those guys who tell you that your life is over, or that you should just put your balls in a jar and place them on the mantle, or to run away. They are just busting your balls.

Thanks guys. Stogieman, that is advice I'll take to heart. How'd I do it? I walked into the house, screamed "heads up!" and tossed the box over to her. Then I told her to look it over while I went up to the can and let me know what she thought afterwards. Classy, eh?

Seriously though, it wasn't anything special. She was a little irritated with me because I hadn't answered her phone calls earlier in the day (Fact was, I couldn't answer the phone because I was with the jeweler.) So I walk in the house and she's giving me the cold shoulder. After finding what was wrong, I dropped to a knee and told her this was why I didn't answer the phone. Took her back a few steps, it did!

Thanks guys. Stogieman, that is advice I'll take to heart. How'd I do it? I walked into the house, screamed "heads up!" and tossed the box over to her. Then I told her to look it over while I went up to the can and let me know what she thought afterwards. Classy, eh?

Seriously though, it wasn't anything special. She was a little irritated with me because I hadn't answered her phone calls earlier in the day (Fact was, I couldn't answer the phone because I was with the jeweler.) So I walk in the house and she's giving me the cold shoulder. After finding what was wrong, I dropped to a knee and told her this was why I didn't answer the phone. Took her back a few steps, it did!

Awesome!!! Sometimes simples is the best solution! I had a big thing planned two years ago with my wife, but it all went to crap one night when we were sitting on a bench. We were talking about life and whatnot, and I looked over at her and I asked, "Hey, do you want to get married?" It was real simple and intimate, it was a good thing!

Like I said, congrats congrats! When is the day?

Congrats! Class act with both the listening and the delivery.

I'll pass along the same advice I gave my Brother & Sister-in-Law at their rehersal dinner, a quote from Phillis Diller (married 60+ yrs) older guys will remember her endearing remarks about her husband Fang:
"Never go to bed angry - Stay up all night and fight!" it's actually pretting deep and my Sister-in-Law has thanked me for it several times for showing my Brother the futility of petty fights.

I got engages 54 weeks ago. I'd still excited, but any nerviousness has long since passed. Congradulations. Stogieman's advice is something you should write down, because it is fundimental. Also, dont listen to those guys who tell you that your life is over, or that you should just put your balls in a jar and place them on the mantle, or to run away. They are just busting your balls.

No we're not. You're life really is over. :laugh:

Seriously Khari, best of luck. Only advice I have is to remember that you're marrying your best friend. Sometimes we forget that.

Congrats man. Awesome news.

I'm in the market for my girlfriends ring right now.....i know she's definitely the one & it's only a matter of time before i do the same. Seriously congrats & i hope you two have a long great life together

Oh man! Your life is over! Run far, run fast! And don't forget to grab the jat off the mantle before you take off!
:laugh:

Seriously, though, congrats! I heard all the same stuff when I got engaged, and now that I'm closing in on 5 years of marriage, more of the guys that told me to run wish they were in my situation.

Back