• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big Green Egg

whylieineedacigar said:
Christmas came early for me and I ended up buying the Big Green Egg XL. This thing is huge, well, bigger than I thought it would look like in person. I can't wait to use it! I'm planning on building a table for it.

This is the setup I got (everything is BGE brand):
- BGE XL
- BGE Nest
- Plate setter heat deflector
- Pizza stone
- Aluminum Pizza peel
- Ventilated grill cover
- Cast iron half moon cooking grid
- Half moon baking stone
- Premium 3 piece BBQ tool set
- Grilling Mitt

I probably over did it, but what the heck. Grilling while enjoying a great cigar is one of my favorite things to do in life.

Nice job! The tables for the XL sold on eBay are reasonably priced. Also, there a people out there that make custom versions too. When I was considering buying one, I figured by the time I bought the exotic lumber and built the thing...I could be up and cooking in half the time if I just bought the thing. YMMV...

LINK

Thank you for the advice and link Gary! I actually thought about the exact same thing which is why I ended up purchasing the nest. I wanted to be able to use the Egg while I was building the table. Those tables on ebay look great, I will let you know if I end up going that route.