• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big Smoke

moki

el Presidente
I'm going to be going to the Big Smoke in Atlantic City from April 16th-18th -- anyone else here going? You can sign up for it at the Cigar Aficionado web site -- it looks like a blast.

I'm actually going to be driving down, so if anyone on the way wants a ride, let me know (basically, NY, PA, or southern NJ). You'll have to get your own room tho. ;)

I think I'll be going.

Are you staying overnight? At the Borgata?

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

Monte said:
I think I'll be going.

yep, I'm staying there Friday and Saturday nights.

Anyone who is going and wants to meet up, PM me and I'll shoot you my cell number.

moki said:
Monte said:
I think I'll be going.

yep, I'm staying there Friday and Saturday nights.

Anyone who is going and wants to meet up, PM me and I'll shoot you my cell number.
Could you PM me the rate of your room? Or post it here?

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

Alright boys, I'm outta here... anyone wants to reach me, I'm staying at the Borgata under "Andrew Welch"

Bringing the camera, will have some extra special pictures... you'll see (don't be afraid! :D )

moki said:
Bringing the camera, will have some extra special pictures... you'll see (don't be afraid! :D )
You bringing the horse Andrew? ;) :D

lucasbuck said:
Have fun guys. Wish I could be there :)
lman, that was like a feeding frenzy for cigar smokers!

The good news is that I won more than enough to cover the cost of th trip playing blackjack! wooohooo!

Will have pics and a special suprise when I get back!

moki said:
lucasbuck said:
Have fun guys. Wish I could be there :)
lman, that was like a feeding frenzy for cigar smokers!

The good news is that I won more than enough to cover the cost of th trip playing blackjack! wooohooo!

Will have pics and a special suprise when I get back!
Special Surprise? Ooh Ooh! What is it? What is it?

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

Been to the one in LV a couple of times, word of advice... Go to the first one on Friday night! Much better selection of cigars! Bring one of your prize AF boxes and get it autographed by the big guy himself ;) Also make sure you get there at least 1 hour before it starts {the line is going to be a mile long to get in}. Oh yea! DO NOT EAT BEFORE YOU GO! Lots of great free food, you can stuff your face and liver! :p

JOE.M. said:
Been to the one in LV a couple of times, word of advice... Go to the first one on Friday night! Much better selection of cigars! Bring one of your prize AF boxes and get it autographed by the big guy himself ;) Also make sure you get there at least 1 hour before it starts {the line is going to be a mile long to get in}. Oh yea! DO NOT EAT BEFORE YOU GO! Lots of great free food, you can stuff your face and liver! :p
Yeah that's exactly right, Joe -- GREAT food, lots of free booze, and the chicks naked shadow-dancing didn't suck either. :)

Here are some pics I took from the Big Smoke in Atlantic City:

http://people.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/big_smoke_atl04/

The "surprise" I mentioned earlier is that I was invited to a little private Herf with Carlos Fuente (jr and sr), and a couple of dozen other guys. It was a blast.

I was lucky enough to have won $600 or so the night before in Blackjack, but unfortunately that meant "suffering" through many hours of free drinks and gambling. I had about two hours sleep before the private herf the next day.

I decided just to use the money I won to donate to the charity raffle the Fuente's held for CFC (Cigar Family Charity). I actually ended up winning a bunch of stuff Carlos pulled out of his magic bag: 3 BBMFs, 1 Opus X Shark, 2 Opus X Maduro Robustos, 1 Forbidden X, 4 signed posters (Opus X, Birth of a dream, and 2 858 posters), and a full box of Diamond Crown Maximus cigars signed by the Newmans and Fuentes.

It was a great event. Carlos talked at length about the history behind various cigars, the Fuente family, and so forth... it was fascinating. Also had the chance to have drinks and smokes with a bunch of great guys.

I decided I'd won enough, and donated the box of DC Maximus's back to CFC so they could auction it at a future event and raise some more cash. I had a blast, met a lot of great people, but unfortunately had to hit the road early for my 6.5 hour drive home. I stayed awake only lots of caffeine and smacking myself awake repeatedly.

It was cool; I'll have some pictures from that up soon.

Thanks for the report and the pics Andrew. Sounds like you had a blast :thumbs:

Man, is that all the cigar "freebies" you get nowadays, at one of these events? I remember going to them in '98-'99 and bringing back a minimum of 75 cigars. The one time I went to a Vegas Big Smoke I think I came back with over 100. Granted, there were very few I would have actually smoked, but it was the idea of getting free stuff. LMAO!

WOW......full house!!!
Nice pictures Moki, sounds like you had a great time.
Great picture of you and Carlos Sr. :)

Matt R said:
Man, is that all the cigar "freebies" you get nowadays, at one of these events? I remember going to them in '98-'99 and bringing back a minimum of 75 cigars. The one time I went to a Vegas Big Smoke I think I came back with over 100. Granted, there were very few I would have actually smoked, but it was the idea of getting free stuff. LMAO!
Yep, that's it. Honestly, the highlight of the the Big Smoke was probably the wonderfully perverse naked shadow dancing girls. Well, the free booze and food was nice too. Other than that, it was a cattle call... very crowded, standing in line to get a couple of "free" smokes from each vendor.

I think the room they had it in at the Borgata was too small to be honest... at least for that many people.

I had much more fun at the small Fuente herf the next day. Will post pics of that soon.

Great pictures moki :thumbs: and congratulations on your blackjack winnings ;)

I was PMd and the general concensus amoung the FOGs is that we boycott Moki. CC, I thought you would have gotten the same PMs that I did. ???

:p j/k!!! :sign:

Looks like a ton of fun Moki. I wish I could have made it. Maybe next time. At least you didn't blow the whole $500 on a King and a 3! LOL (I've been reading)

SD_Stack said:
I was PMd and the general concensus amoung the FOGs is that we boycott Moki. CC, I thought you would have gotten the same PMs that I did. ???
You're just upset because you lost in Vegas :p