• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bike Project

extremeXconcepts

eXtreme Concepts
Ok I know I do this for a living, but I wanted to ask everyone for some input. I dont want to do a crazy airbrushed theme on my own bike. I want to keep it clean and simple, with a little bit of TOUGH to it. So I want to go black. Now there is a fine line between Black, TO MUCH black, and NOT enough BLACK.

So here are a couple pictures of the bike. The tins, (body parts) are going GLOSS black, the engine is going Flat black, The forks are going gloss black, the HEADLIGHT bucket, and Blinker buckets are going gloss black, the Brake fluid box and mirrors on hand bars are going gloss black.

My questions are. Do I do the rear strut bars (that hold rear shocks) and any of the chrome on the engine or the gas tank/gauge surround on the tank Black? Gloss Black? Flat Black? or Leave it chrome? Or other Option is leave somethings chrome, and I can add a few drops of black to clear coat and clear over the chrome making it almost a BLACK chrome?

Anyway Ill leave it as that, and let the thread float out and see what everyone thinks before I go crazy. Any questions just ask. THANK GUYS.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11196]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11197]

So, I'm not a bike guy, but do like the aesthetics of them so, I guess I will chime in.

Got a lot of black going, and I think leaving chrome would be a nice contrast. Considering that the front fork is going black, I would go black on the rear strut bars. Might look odd having chrome in the back without chrome in the grin to balance it.

Only other question-have you considered doing any traditional flames or detail work on the gloss black tank in a matte black? Tone on tone with just the change in finish?

I love the way flat and gloss black compliment each other, and yes I have been playing around with ideas in my head. But I either go NUTS or NOTHING I can not in my simple little brain of myn do something slightly. haha. Thanks for the input.

FYI - when i refer to forks going black, I do only mean the BOTTOM half of the fork the CYLINDER if you will... 

Forget the bike, I say you should black out the Barbie Jeep in the garage!

I would have to say there might be a bit too much black in what you are thinking about doing.  I would almost leave the front forks and rear struts chrome.  I like the idea of flat black flames (or some other detail) on the gloss black tank though.

Only reason for painting the lowers of the front forks are because they are ugly pitted aluminum and I have done this before and looked great. Also thinking of doing the triple trees black as well. Ill find a couple pics to post of what I mean. And when I refer to rear struts to those who dont know. Struts on rear are not the coil over springs, they are just the 2 chrome ribs that mount to the fender that hold the coilovers. 

forks painted:

http://s735.photobucket.com/user/IDfirebird1989/media/PICT0675.jpg.html

Granted this not my bike and I am not to FOND of it. But this is the look im going for. Note the rear struts are black to match. Some black in motor area but not all. If that was GLOSS and had painted forks...

http://databikes.com/imgs/a/b/c/a/b/harley_davidson__flstc_2002_5_lgw.jpg

Just my opinion, I don't care for the look of gloss / flat black on a bike.  If I were going to do this, i'd flat black most everything, and use chrome sparingly for the accents.

Just my opinion......

I like your opinion, and Thank you. I do love that look as well. Ive done this look many many times for others and loved it, but when it comes to my own, I keep hitting the Pause button for some reason.

Here are some pics as of last night. (rear tire is all off to, didnt snap a pic after that.)

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11198]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11199]

...maybe not even chrome, maybe brushed aluminum or brushed stainless like Russel does on some of the Exile bikes.  I sure like that super clean look....again, IMHO.

BlindedByScience said:
...maybe not even chrome, maybe brushed aluminum or brushed stainless like Russel does on some of the Exile bikes.  I sure like that super clean look....again, IMHO.

Ya brushed looks nice with flat black, I don't have the budget right now to go that crazy haha. Just a quick make over that's  all. Ill start prepping the parts for paint end of this week, then ill have to make the call once they go in the booth for paint.

Before my hips took a sh*t, I was very close to buying a Big Bear 'Bear Bones' kit bike. I was drawn to the flat black paint, billet wheels & forks, with just a touch of chrome...I  was even going to wrap the pipes in black. When I saw it and rode it at a dealer all assembled, I loved it even more. Nice bad ass look on the road...

BearBones_zps3ab25e03.jpg

In the booth right now painting bike........ Got up at 4am to get to work to paint this bitch before work. Stay tuned. 5:45am getting ready for clear.

Wanna start a pool? Raise enough money? Im sure I can find who ever owns that bike and pay them to allow it. LOL