• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Billy Connolly (on being asked to put out his cigar)

Love it. I have yet to have someone do that to me. Don't know how I will deal with it.

Anyone got a transcript or summary? YouTube no workie over slow satellite links! :D

All you need to know about what he said is when he's talking about going to a cigar shop and getting a cigar that has been in the cellar for 12 years. "That beauty will blow you sideways!" I'm not sure what that means, but it is funny as hell in his thick Scottish accent.

I can't wait to get home to see this (YouTube blocked by work FireWall). IMHO, he is one of the finest comedians out there.

Talking about a Scottish accent, has anyone ever seen Robin Williams' take on the invention of the game of golf?

He's got some great stuff out there, though you have to get used to the accent when he gets to talking fast.

The cell phone bit was good as well. I thought he was going to segway into a comparison between noise pollution and air pollution. Cuz, it's all foookin relative afterall.

I'll make a point to catch him if he shows in Denver. My boss has an even worse brogue, but not nearly as funny.

I long forgot which city/hotel I was in..but the bartender informed me that cigarette smoking was allowed, and cigar smoking was not. Since I was the supplier of cigars for our group (some 25 guys partaking in the leaf) we took our nightly business (drinking) down the street. Fuggem. I have no idea how much we spent down the street in the course of 5 or so nights, but I know the hotel we were staying at didn't get a dime from our group other than our room cost.

I find it ironic that he chastises people for whining about smoke but them goes on to whine about people using their cellphones. Exhibiting the same behavior that he was complaining about.

I find it ironic that he chastises people for whining about smoke but them goes on to whine about people using their cellphones. Exhibiting the same behavior that he was complaining about.

True. Again, I thought he was going to segway into some kind of comparison. Irony, salted with some hypocrisy. Oh well, none of us are perfect.

Awesome!!!
clap2.gif

True. Again, I thought he was going to segway into some kind of comparison. Irony, salted with some hypocrisy. Oh well, none of us are perfect.

I don't see the comparison at all? People stand beside you and talk on their cell phone and expect you to be quiet, or they talk louder over the ambient noise. This would be tantamount to a cigar smoker blowing smoke in your face in a host of places (smoking and non-smoking) and expecting you to leave so he could smoke in peace.

Classic example.....at the local B&M a guy takes a phone call in the lounge and reaches up and mutes the TV....after we all looked at him in disbelief I turned the TV up and he got up and took his phone call out to the "business area" of the shop. When he came back in he says "Jeff that was classic....sorry I forgot my manners, I'm not at home" we all had a good laugh!