• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Birthday Smoke Suggestions

bursty

Hey guys,

My 21st birthday is coming up (Jan 27th) and I need help selecting some quality birthday smokes. Usually on my birthday I have the anual Shark or Opus or Padron Anniversary but I was wondering if you guys had any other more interesting suggestions. Maybe an Opus A? :whistling:

Lets hear some suggestions....thanks guys!

-Chris

I smoked a nice Opus X Petite Lancero last night, it was fabulous of course...perhaps an ISOM Monte #2 or a BTL...there's my input :)

Melly

I see a Padron on your Signature, although I am partial to Opus X obviously Padron's 40th Anniversary Torpedo is excellent. It was after all Cigar Aficionado's best cigar of '05, but that is just my "humble" Noob suggestion.
In any event enjoy what ever you decide to smoke, rememeber that the smoke is part of the celebration and have a Happy Birthday! :thumbs:

Find a Tatuaje "A" for something different.

The only scotch I've had with a Tatuaje was some Glenfiddich Solara. I usually don't drink when I smoke them because I enjoy their flavor just by itself.

Find a Tatuaje "A" for something different.
Got any Scotch suggestions to pair that Tatuaje? :whistling:

Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep 'em coming!

Hey guys,

My 21st birthday is coming up (Jan 27th) and I need help selecting some quality birthday smokes. Usually on my birthday I have the anual Shark or Opus or Padron Anniversary but I was wondering if you guys had any other more interesting suggestions. Maybe an Opus A? :whistling:

Lets hear some suggestions....thanks guys!

-Chris

Are you looking for domestic or island smokes? My suggestion would be a Churchill or "A" size smoke, maybe something with some age on it ;) .

IMO, I would stick with something you know you will like. Large Opus, maybe a Padron "A" maduro. I had the Padron on christmas and it was fantastic :D .

The only scotch I've had with a Tatuaje was some Glenfiddich Solara. I usually don't drink when I smoke them because I enjoy their flavor just by itself.

Which is why I'd suggest if you are going to shop at a pub on your 21st b-day, smoke something cheap! Usually people get bombed on there 21st and hopefully you'd want to remeber a special cigar.

If not I go for all three (shark, opus, and padron) :thumbs: Have a damn good 21st! ;) :thumbs:

A lot of great suggestions here so just pick something you have always wanted to smoke and smoke it along with an all time favorite. Happy Bday in advance!

Happy Birthday in advance. You are in the company of folks who are generally generous and revel in someone else's good fortune or special event

I say that for the following reason. You only turn 21 once, shoot for the moon. Decide what you want to try and (within the rules) post ISO. I would venture to say that between all of us here on this Board there aren't too many smokes around that someone doesn't have. And I would also venture to say that someone would trade you or sell you just about whatever you are looking for except maybe the stuff in OpusMeX's sig pic. But if you are looking for a cigar to smoke you don't want any of those anyway. I advise you to stay away from funny shaped things (BBMF for ex), they don't smoke or taste any better than normal shaped ones.

Here are my recommendations. Are you an opus guy? Then try for an original release. It'll cost you but someone here would probably hook you up, and you would LOVE the cigar. Anejo guy? Then maybe an OR Anejo, again, I'm sure someone would hook you up. Padron Anni guy? How 'bout a torp from the old days when they only had one band. Rare or aged Island stuff? Play by the rules and you can probably obtain something.

See what I'm saying, don't settle. You can get an Opus A, or a PAM 40th anytime if you look hard enough.

All that being said, if you are going to get all f'd up, then buy a pack of Backwoods cuz you'll never know the difference :p