• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Birthday smokes from my Wife!

GolfNut

BirthdaySmokes001800x600.jpg

I need to research these as some are unfamiliar. here's the list: L-R

Don Diego Aniversario
Graycliff Crystal
Montecristo Classic El Conde
Trinidad Toro
R&J Reserva Real Toro
R&J Maduro Reserve
Montecristo White Toro
El Rico
Arturo Fuente Flora Fina 8-5-8
El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Oscuro
Montecristo Platinum Churchill
Don Diego Playboy

Also received a Cigar Dossier to start recording all the smokes and this nice humidor. A good day!!
BirthdaySmokes002800x600.jpg
BirthdaySmokes003800x600.jpg

Very very nice man!!! Keep her around for sure!

Don

That's what I'm talking about! Good wifey, gooood wifey! Happy Birthday! If it's already gone, Happy belated birthday!

Damn Mang! Your wife has nice taste in stogies! :thumbs: :thumbs: She's a keeper for sure! :D Did you give a list or just leave HUGE hints, or is she just that good!!! Beautiful humi as well. :cool:
Happy Birthday by the way! :D ;)

Damn Mang! Your wife has nice taste in stogies! :thumbs: :thumbs: She's a keeper for sure! :D Did you give a list or just leave HUGE hints, or is she just that good!!! Beautiful humi as well. :cool:

Here is the list I gave her:
Birthday Cigar List

Diamond Crown Maximus
Ashton Puro Sol
Ashton ESG
Arturo Fuente hemmingway signature
Fuente Maduro Canones
Fuente Masterpiece of any kind
God of Fire
Greycliff Chateau Gran Cru
Arturo Fuente Anejo
Arturo Fuente Opus X
El Rey Del Mundo, Robusto Larga, Oscuro
padron 1964 exclusivo natural

Sampler:Hemmingway Signature
Ashton Puro Sol
Ashton VSG
Tatuaje Havana IV torp (red band)
Padilla Siganature 1932

La Aurora Preferido Tubo
Romeo y Julieta Edicion Limitada
oliva V lancero

sampler:
1.) Start with a Punch Champion $5 (approx.)
2.) Then go with a Oliveros Cuban Spliff ($6)
3.) Finish with a Partagas Black ($8-9)

5 Vegas Gold Toro
La Gloria Cubana Wavell
La Gloria Corona Gorda
Romeo y Julieta Bully

Now when she got to the B&M, the owner is not friendly at all, and told her I didn't need the smokes on this list. He'd put together a sampler for me.
She was pissed, but in a time crunch so she went with it. Her first time buying cigars. He put together a nice sampler for me anyway, but way overcharged her. 3 of these were $32/ea. She doesn't remember which 3, but I know she spent around $200 or so. Next time, we order in!!

Although that is an impressive gift, and I take nothing from it, I would go to the shop and BUST that guys BALLs!!! :angry:
Nothng worse than poor customer service, and that includes giving the customer what they want; especially when they have a LIST!!! AND then overcharging (YGFKM $35) - GET 'EM! FUG that, give me the asshats number; I have a few cans of Whoop A$$ sitting around. ???
All that being said, it can be done tactfully and with optimal results. :sign:
If that doesn't work, name the shop so all here on CP will know! :cool: have one of those nice cigars 1st though! :D

I know, I know. We won't be dealing there again, that's for sure. I really felt bad for what my wife & daughter went through on this, as their heart was certainly in the right place, and it's just a shame it went the way it did. However, I did come away with some really nice sticks, we've had a great day today, and I can relax later with a really nice smoke out on the front patio.

The extra $$? Well, live & learn. I'm too new to any of this to know what anything should cost without looking up everything on CI or JR. Of course the local B&M will need to have higher prices than an internet site (within reason!) and then I realize that this is a small, somewhat backwards town, and unfortunately, there are those here that have the Big fish in a little pond complex.

I've got some nice smokes for now though, and that's what matters to me most. He'll get his one way or another. If nothing else, he's lost out on probably thousands of dollars in sales over the years just from me!

x2

Very nice birthday gift

Congrats on the birthday haul and on the positive attitude, sure your wife and daughter might have over a paid a little :angry: , but hey your worth it, right?

congrats! Enjoy them and happy bday!

Send a PM to puffstuff, stinkimonki, uptown_isy, norcalmark, mindriot, leafandale, hermit11 - wish I could remember all the Brother retailers here - ask them for their business card. Leave them in a conspicuous place for the next time your sweetie is feeling generous.

Send a PM to puffstuff, stinkimonki, uptown_isy, norcalmark, mindriot, leafandale, hermit11 - wish I could remember all the Brother retailers here - ask them for their business card. Leave them in a conspicuous place for the next time your sweetie is feeling generous.
That's a great idea! I'd much rather buy from one of our local retailers here! In fact, if you're a retailer, feel free to drop me either a catalog or card in the mail, or email for that matter.
If you need my address, PM.

Thanks for the good idea.

Happy belated!!!!

Does your wife have a sister? :sign:

Happy belated birthday and congrats on the awesome gift! :thumbs:

And, just reading this story makes my blood boil, particularly the extent to which some SOBs take advantage of someone, moreso a wife/mother and daughter. I'd knock out his goddamn teeth. None of those should have cost that much and this guy deserves to have his ass handed to him.