• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Black Friday

kiwifruit

Anybody here do the whole camping out in front of stores for Black Friday? I am thinking of doing it this year as I need a new laptop. Best Buy more than likely.

Dealnews is usually good about putting up the adverts for all the different sales going on and highlighting the ones that are gonna be really worth the early wake-up. They also have some pretty good deals on a daily basis. Definitely worth a bookmark (or favorite if you are still stuck on that Microsoft web-browsing application).

What date is it?

Its the 23rd, next Friday, day after Thanksgiving. I think the day was manufactured so that we would not just lay in bed all day on Friday after stuffing our faces full of dressing.

http://tgiblackfriday.com/

Lots of ads and other assorted nonsense there for you to browse. As far as the whole camping thing? No. Not ever. Been kicking around the idea of driving around to the malls with a couple giant urns of coffee, and selling them at jacked up prices to the freezing knuckleheads, though.

The wife usually gets up about 2AM for these things.....not me!

No way...freeze your asses off...I will be in bed.

http://tgiblackfriday.com/

Lots of ads and other assorted nonsense there for you to browse. As far as the whole camping thing? No. Not ever. Been kicking around the idea of driving around to the malls with a couple giant urns of coffee, and selling them at jacked up prices to the freezing knuckleheads, though.

That would actually work. Ever been to Las Vegas in July, they sell small bottled water on the street for $3 to $4 dollars but people would pay these prices just for the convenience.

Well I actually still cringe about the thought as i worked at bestbuy years ago on black Friday but to be honest I haven't seen too many in store deals that are that significantly better then internet prices if better at all.

no fuggin way. I hate crowds to begin with...add the intensity of a bunch of crazed women shopping and I'm really out on this...

Hell NO!!! I will be in a nice warm bed and wake up to a cup of coffee, the morning paper and a nice smoke.

Good Luck to you though.

Curious though has anybody done this? Is the inconvenience worth the reward?

I did this last year with my dad. We waited outside Best Buy for a couple of hours. A local church came by with probably a dozen water coolers that were full of hot chocolate. They gave it out for free. I ended up getting a 17-inch LCD monitor for $80, then went to Wal-Mart and got a 25-inch TV for about the same price. It was good bonding time and I made friends with some people in line. I'd do it again if I had any money this year.

Depends on what part of the country you're in. I really don't think there would be one single person I would care to "bond" with less talk to in a walmart line here in LA. :sign:

Haha well, luckily the bonding was in the line for Best Buy, not Wal-Mart. I met an older gentleman that was buying stuff for his grandchildren, and a kid that was around my age that got me started on woot.com. Now I've been up almost all night with this woot-off thanks to him!

The wife usually gets up about 2AM for these things.....not me!
No way...freeze your asses off...I will be in bed.
Hell NO!!! I will be in a nice warm bed and wake up to a cup of coffee, the morning paper and a nice smoke.

Good Luck to you though.
We're on the same page...... :cool:

The wife and her daughter sometimes hit these sales. I make up a pot of coffee for them and set the timer the night before. Their shopping means I get a nice quiet morning to myself to drink coffee, enjoy a nice smoke, and maybe even get to the best pick of the leftovers.... :laugh:

Good luck to the brave souls out there.....B.B.S.

There is a huge Herf in Dallas that day. The guys all get together get drunk and smoke cigars while the ladies shop!

Shopping? Shopping?!?! Next thing you know we're going to start talking about what kind of cologne we all wear. Oh wait a minute...

;)

Have fun. I'm not going anywhere near the shopping areas here until AFTER Christmas. It's bad enough on an average day never mind the day when every person within 150 miles that lacks a Y chromosome goes insane.

There is a huge Herf in Dallas that day. The guys all get together get drunk and smoke cigars while the ladies shop!
....right answer! Wish I had something like that locally to go to.... :thumbs: