• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Black Sheep Ale

Corona Gigante

Feminist chicks dig me
This is my favorite beer right now.

This makes me a little nervous. Every beer I get to like seems to suddenly and mysteriously vanish. This has happened with Bateman's XXXB, then the Shepherd Neame beers (Bishop's Finger, Spitfire Ale, etc) came and went (and then came back for a while and then went again for good), now even what I thought was an old standby, Fuller's ESB, seems to have disappeared. Luckily, something else usually turns up. Morland's Old Speckled Hen is available in bottles and on tap in several of the places I drink regularly and I've started to see Black Sheep Ale showing up--so far only in bottles, but we can but hope...

Black Sheep Ale is brewed at the Black Sheep Brewery in the North Yorkshire town of Masham (pr. MASS-um), also the home of Monty Python's Holy (Gr)Ale. The brewery is operated by Paul Theakston, a fifth generation brewer. The Theakston family owned and operated the Theakston Brewery (also in Masham), probably best known over here for Theakston's Olde Peculiar.

If you like English style beers and you haven't yet tried Black Sheep, I strongly recommend you give it a try. Those who are interested in this sort of thing can find much fascinating info on theBlack Sheep Brewery website.

Cheers!