• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blanton's Special Reserve Review

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Reaction score
I'm drunk... and need to shutup and go to bed.

one tip before I go tho...

I drank that bottle of blantons dry tonight with a few SF friends...

life is too short for cheap booze. get yourself some good booze asap

blantons and makers mark is my personal reccomendation as far as bourbon goes.

use google ;) its worth it

------------------------------

*edit* changed the title to reflect that my drunken ramblings are now a review lol

lol I don't remember posting this, so I might as well turn it into a review.

The bottle of Blanton's I had looked like this...

blanton4bs.jpg

Blanton's Special Reserve 80 proof 70ml costs 37 to 45 dollars in Europe

I became interested in this bourbon after having a dram of the top of the Blanton line "Straight from the Barrel" over my father-in-laws house a month or so ago.

Not willing to spend that much money I decided to purchase the standard Blanton's and boy was it worth it. It is, as is every bottle of Blanton's, a single barrel whiskey in a very attractive bottle with the figure of a running horse on the cork.

While not as finished as the SFTB the normal Blanton's is also extremely easy to drink, it has a very slight oily feeling (SFTB is extremely oily in comparison) on the palate and is sweet without being cloying. It has a very vanilla-cinnamon taste as it first hits your tongue but tastes almost like butterscotch on the way down. No bitterness or bite to this whiskey at all, and because of this Blanton's is extremely dangerous in regards of drinking too much of it at one sitting.

As I mentioned in my post above I was at a Veterans Day BBQ yesterday and a drank the bottle between two friends.

Its a sneaky drunk, I didn't feel anything at all while outside drinking but about an hour after stopping at the local bar and drinking one beer it hit me all at once like a freight train lol. I called my wife and while waiting on her to come pick me up sat on the front steps of the bar trying to collect my rather shattered thoughts.

But I had no feelings of nausea and I woke up today at 8am with no signs of a hangover. So that just confirms I had the best bourbon I've ever drank last night.

Highly Recommended! :thumbs:

P.S. If you can afford the higher valued Blanton's (silver, gold and SFTB) skip over the Special Reserve and buy it instead. The special reserve is very very good, the SFTB is awesome.

Sound like a good time has had by all. Now you can review one of the others sometime. I'll live vicariously through you. :p