• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blazer Micro Torch

Fishin345

I recently bought a Micro Torch from Blazer. It seems that if there is any slight wind or gust of air it goes out. All my other torch lighters can take some wind but not this one. I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem or if it is just my torch. Thanks Guys!

My blazer isn't wind proof at all either, I don't think it's designed to be.

The website claims to be a wind resistant blue flame, but it doesn't even resist it a little. LINK

Interesting... I just tested mine and it does indeed extinguish rather easily. Does a great job at lighting cigars, but doesn't appear to be wind proof.

EDIT: I just tested my other torch lighters, including a couple of Xikars, and they all extinguish rather easily -- just as easily as the Blazer.

Ok at least its not just mine, i have a couple of cheap lighter that don't go out as easily. I guess I'll have to use this one on no wind days or inside. Not a Problem.

It's really false advertisement. The only "torch" lighters that are windproof are those that have the coil in the burner.

Say lad,

I just tested my Blazer torch. While it's not gale proof, it does a pretty good job in a 0 to 15 mph wind. I don't
know if my Blazer is different from yours. I got it in '93 at a cigar shop/lounge I used to go to in Costa Mesa. I was in
there one day after a slow day at work and a guy came in with some new product. He said he was the rep for this new Blazer company. We had never seen a torch lighter before. There were 4 of us in the shop. He gave us each one torch to
keep and try out. They worked well. We loved them. He came back in a few days and the shop placed a nice order with him. The lighter picked up a nick name that 1st day. I still use it.... The "Crack Lighter"

- KiltLad

Say lad,

I just tested my Blazer torch. While it's not gale proof, it does a pretty good job in a 0 to 15 mph wind. I don't
know if my Blazer is different from yours. I got it in '93 at a cigar shop/lounge I used to go to in Costa Mesa. I was in
there one day after a slow day at work and a guy came in with some new product. He said he was the rep for this new Blazer company. We had never seen a torch lighter before. There were 4 of us in the shop. He gave us each one torch to
keep and try out. They worked well. We loved them. He came back in a few days and the shop placed a nice order with him. The lighter picked up a nick name that 1st day. I still use it.... The "Crack Lighter"

- KiltLad

Def not the same this doesn't even stay like from me breathing on it

You want to light cigars in the wind? Get a Zippo. I've lit cigars in gale force winds, while contemplating the majesty and power of the N. Atlantic. And no, they don't make the cigar taste like naphtha especially in gale force winds. :sign:

Doc.